Senior Web Project Manager - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Sr. Web Project Manager is an individual contributor on the .com Team within the Consumer Office who works closely with leadership within user experience, information technology, marketing, and operations to deliver consistent and quality websites and pages that ensure an exceptional online experience for Optum consumers.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead the development of new, as well as drive and enhance existing capabilities for digital products and experiences, from inception to launch
- Act as a mediator between the consumers/patients/members, business leaders and the technical teams - communicating consumer needs and translating those needs into new product features for the team to design
- Partner with the stakeholders to define/design industry leading consumer-facing digital solutions, and ensure alignment with business and product plans (e.g., capital/funding commitments, revenue commitments, capabilities, functional impacts, cross functional roles)
- Lead efforts to fulfill defined digital product solutions, ensuring solutions follow the digital vision and strategy of Optum’s omni-channel experience
- Participate and/or Develop in a coherent online product strategy spanning a wide variety of user experiences. Work with other organizational leaders to develop and communicate a complete online product, design, content, and user experience strategy and roadmaps in support of strategic business initiatives
- Manage total performance of Optum.com’s online products to meet critical business metrics, including traffic, user satisfaction, consumer engagement, and financial results
- Collaborate with applicable business partners and stakeholders (including Optum’s lines of business as well as Marketing, Sales, Shared Services, and Operations) to obtain appropriate market information/data and define consumer and business needs
- Work closely with cross-organizational stakeholders, including limited interaction with executive leadership, on strategic priorities. Translate strategic priorities into actionable project plans
- Develop a rigorous approach to prioritizing online product needs based on user research, marketing insights, competitive intelligence, business needs, and trends in online technology and user experience. Drive third-party product evaluation, prototype development and user testing in support of this approach
- Partner with Digital Delivery teams on the creation of requirements and user stories. Participate in Agile Scrum process to ensure business vision is being accurately implemented and meet market expectations. Ensure digital solutions are delivered on time and on budget, including identifying and resolving risks and issues. Subscribe to Optum Product Methodology and business processes, providing input to further advance the discipline and evangelize across the team
- Contribute and grow a competitive intelligence discipline for online products, including analyzing competitors’ online products and communicating competitive threats and opportunities to leadership
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in an appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of project management experience
- 3+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Agile experience
- Marketing experience
- Web Development experience
- Experience with Adobe products including (Adobe Experience Manager and Adobe Workfront)
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions, and identifying priorities
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.