Manager - Network Advancement - Telecommute
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manages professional employees, resolves problems, and provides guidance to direct team members
- Assists with training and as well as coaching of direct reports
- Full range of provider relations and service interactions within UHC
- Designs and implements programs to build and nurture positive relationships between the health plan, providers, and practice managers
- Directs and implements strategies relating to the development and management of a provider network
- Assists in identifying gaps in network composition, guides the network contracting and development staff in prioritizing contracting and access needs
- May also be involved in identifying and remediating operational short-falls and researching and remediating operational meetings
- Uses pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise
- Investigates non-standard requests and problems, with some assistance from others
- Drives team's productivity to meet business needs, and deliverables timeline
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of health care/managed care experience
- 2+ years of provider relations and/or provider network experience
- 2+ years of experience with Medicaid/Medicare regulations
- Intermediate level of proficiency research and resolution of provider issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: abillity to speak clearly and concisely, conveying complex or techical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information from others.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Must be located in the MST or PST time zones
- 2+ years managing direct reports
- Salesforce experience and technology savvy
- Medicaid, PPO, Medicare and DHMO insurance experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, extablishing rapport and working well with others
- Strong customer service skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.