Lead Technical Product Manager, OptumInsight Technology - Eden Prairie, MN
Information is the lifeblood of the healthcare industry—everything depends on it. At Optum Insight Technology, you’ll help us work on streamlining the flow of information between payers, healthcare providers and various other stakeholders to deliver the right insights to the right places at the right times, driving better outcomes for patients, reducing friction in the health system and lowering costs. Every day our work directly impacts the world for the better, in meaningful and profound ways.
We live in a time of unprecedented technical capability and possibility. Health care is at a pivotal point in this journey where even small gains can lead to major transformation. You could be a part of that – you have tremendous skill and the potential to make a lasting impact. Optum Insight Technology is uniquely positioned to bring your skills to bear on these pressing and life-changing technical challenges. The health care industry has an immediate need for your drive, innovation, passion and technical insight. Help us help the millions of people we serve each day. #OptumInsightTech
This position will handle responsibilities as Lead, Technical Product Manager in the Risk and Quality Payer Engineering team part of Optum Insight RQ product solutions. This position will be responsible for retention of revenue and new growth expansions for prospective payer care management, digital solutions, and portals engaging providers and members.
This position will be responsible to work with all product stakeholders to understand requirements and work closely with architects on defining product solutions
As a Sr. Technical Product Manager, you will be partnering up with market facing strategic product managers, leaders, other technical product managers, technical product owners, engineering and operations team to drive solutions that directly address market facing product requirements or enable common and shared capabilities across the market facing products. You will own or actively contribute to the technology delivery roadmap for specific products and ensure the product solutions have a high degree of predictability, quality and stability while positioned to support rapid client growth and time to market. You will be accountable to ensure a holistic, integrated solution delivery, by creating detailed implementable features, identifying solution dependencies and risks, defining a solid business architecture, coordinating with architects on the solution architecture, and influencing technical product owners and development teams.
- Define Product Technology Strategy, Solutions Strategy and Roadmaps for existing and emerging products in Payer Risk & Quality product portfolio
- This position will be responsible to work with all product stakeholders to understand requirements and work closely with architects on defining product solutions
- Lead the implementation of architecture across the Prospective member and provider engagement programs to close care gaps, improve member health outcomes and compliance
- Manage, support and grow the product portfolio in partnership with strategic market-facing product managers
- Own specific deliverables to take the product from ideation through implementation and governance approvals
- Define detailed business requirements as features to be delivered by Agile teams. Translate business requirements to technical requirements across the technology assets. Guide product owners in translating features into user stories and drive the product delivery
- Accountable for solution strategy for products. Lead JAR & JAD sessions with cross functional teams. Identify and drive technology reuse and platform reuse opportunities
- Develop, maintain and present detailed execution plans and features delivery roadmaps for meeting business objectives, across program increments
- Influence a highly matrixed set of teams across operations, product strategy, engineering and delivery partners to constantly track the performance and improve the products
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of technology product owner, product manager or analyst experience in Health care or any related domain
- 5+ years of experience in working with product development owning and delivering end to end solutions, defining detailed business & technical features, collaborating with management stakeholders, product, business teams
- 3+ years of experience in leading the solution strategy, architecture and implementation of solutions
- 3+ years of experience in the Healthcare industry
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence across cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability analyze, correlate and drive decisions from big data assets
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Advanced Degree
- 3+ years of management experience managing teams of product owner, product manager or technical teams
- Experience with Product, Project management
- Experience working, building UI bases applications
- Experience working with Risk, Quality management services, Gaps in care management, Clinical data, Point of care integrations, Provider reimbursement
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan with a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.