Program Development Manager, Patient Access - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Program Development Manager is responsible for managing program development for population-based quality performance measures including CAHPS, HOS, and Medicare Stars. This program development position is focused on improving patient access and requires the ability to translate a concept into a standard and successful program in collaboration with various subject matter experts and business partners.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assist in designing, planning, coordinating, delivering and evaluating patient access programs, including access measurement
- Evaluates concepts and ideas against industry best practices, research, and other resources to develop patient access programs and tools which drive performance improvement in quality measures
- Works with stakeholders within Quality, within the broader Clinical Performance and Optum organizations to leverage expertise and adhere to established processes in the program development
- Develops and coordinates analysis, presentations, communications, and implementation for all phases of patient access programs, including tools development and implementation
- Participates and develops various status reporting activities, both written and verbal, throughout program development and implementation
- Ensures all programs and tools are compliant with regulatory directives and state/federal laws and policies
- Identifies system needs to implement the program and develops ROI analyses as needed to justify program investment
- Tracks program performance and results and modifies as needed
- Collaborates, helps inform and drive, and consults on all program evaluation activities
- Provides leadership and guidance to associates involved in program development and implementation activities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of experience with Stars, CAHPS/HOS, and quality measures
- 2+ years of program development experience
- 2+years of healthcare experience to include experience working in a provider organization, managed care organization, healthcare vendor organization, or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience improving patient access
- Experience presenting, both oral and written
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint and Excel as a project management tool
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health Services Administration, or Business Administration
- Excellent attention to detail and advanced critical thinking skills for complex problem solving
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.