Senior Account Manager, Client Services - Telecommute in Eastern or Central Time Zones
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Client Services Senior Manager of Government Programs is responsible for cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with our Medicare clients and ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction for our Dental, Vision, and Hearing products. Through a mix of both matrix partners and team members, the Senior Manager is accountable for overall client services and product performance for the Medicare Dental, Vision and Hearing products. This position reports to the Vice President, Client Services of Government Programs for Specialty Benefits and will be focused on the UHC Lines of Business (LOB) for Dental, Vision, and/or Hearing.
If you are located in Eastern or Central Time Zones, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as primary liaison between UHC LOB and the Medicare client
- Deliver consistent and transparent reporting packages and communication strategies at multiple levels of the organization tailored for specific purposes and audiences
- Responsible for consistently meeting/exceeding key performance level standards agreed upon with client and UHC LOB business. Deploy and manage get-to-green plans if needed.
- Build and maintain client relationships with specialty business Medicare leaders to ensure ongoing success as an individual and through team leadership
- Develop repeatable and scalable client services processes and align team members to support the service needs of Government Programs clients
- Manage overall monthly and quarterly client review meetings with UHC LOB leaders and Medicare client key stakeholders
- Develop and manage an annual strategic planning session with both external/internal clients
- Develop and manage key performance metrics and initiative pipeline with UHC LOB business to support Medicare client growth and retention targets
- Clearly demonstrate the value propositions for specialty and ancillary business to improve customer growth and retention
- Represent the company at client meetings, conferences, or open enrollment health fairs
- Develop repeatable and scalable client services processes support the service needs of Government Programs clients
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of Account Management or Client-Facing experience
- 2+ years of project management and/or program management experience in complex and matrixed organizations
- Experience in messaging, positioning, and presentation of critical information for clients
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Consumer Marketing and/or Sales experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Solid influence, collaboration and listening skills
- Ability to understand a strategic vision and plan its implementation
- Solid team player and leader
- Superior verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to influence prioritization through matrix partner relationships, absent of direct lines of authority, build relationships cross-functionally and lead toward common goals
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills (internal/external)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Connecticut Residents Only: The salary range for Connecticut residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.