Registered Nurse Case Manager - Phoenix, AZ
*$2,500 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates*
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
An RN functions as part of the primary care team, and reports to the Clinical Services Manager (CSM). The RN performs activities that fall within the RN scope of practice. This role works in close collaboration with all of the team members and may support multiple providers. The RN works under the direction of the provider, and activities are delegated to the RN by the provider or the team CSM. The RN understands and supports the CPM models of care Institutional Special Needs Plan (ISNP), Institutional Special Needs Plan (IESNP) and Transitions to Skilled (TTS) and works in collaboration with the team to meet the goals of the program. RN may be required to provide on-site clinical support to patients or facilities.
- Care Coordination
- Assist the provider/team with various care coordination activities in the nursing home and/or assisted living community (AL)
- RN works in collaboration with the nursing facilities/AL community to assist in coordinating transportation when appropriate
- Benefit Determination
- Assist the provider/team with benefit determination associated with Medicare part A, part B, and part D benefits
- The RN is responsible for collaborating with the nursing facility/AL to identify and respond to patient Change in Condition
- RN may assist the provider by completing DSTs, re-assessing the patient, and other activities to support BD, as delegated by the provider or the CSM
- Therapy Coordination
- Assist the provider/team with therapy coordination for patients including possible assessments or follow up on requests and communicate/collaborate with NP
- The RN may perform interval check in on patient progress with therapy department
- The RN may participate in facility-based therapy discussion meetings
- Team Support
- Schedule and participate in family conferences, team meetings, and team case presentations
- Assist in the coordination of N95 fit testing, CPR training/recertification, tracking compliance with infection control measures, tracking TAP data etc.
- Participate in the onboarding of new clinical staff under the direction of the CSM- the RN may coordinate onboarding activities and participate in other orientation activities under the direction of the CSMs or DCOs
- Participate in facility partnership or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) meetings under the direction of the NP/CSM- the RN may assist in coordinating CRM meetings and may participate in and contribute to the meetings
- The RN may assist the team in tracking LearnSource completion for the team members and CSM
- Assist in creating and conduct in-services for selected audiences
- Will document information and activities in the EMR
- RN may assist Providers in assuring complete and accurate coding
- Advanced Care Planning
- Assist the team/providers in prioritizing advance Care Planning and initiating discussions
- Collaborates with all key stakeholders; providers, nursing homes/assisted living facilities, PCPs, families, interdisciplinary care teams and any other identified stakeholders
- Support of contracted providers
- May support contracted providers with above activities and other selected duties in appropriate markets Quality/HEDIS
- The RN will review the chart and enter HEDIS/Quality information into the EMR
- The RN may identify gaps in the HEDIS/Quality measures and communicate these to the NP for resolution. i.e., missing vaccinations, lab work etc.
- The RN may assist with managing the annual flu vaccine initiative; communicate with families, nursing staff, identify gaps
- The RN may do the Medication Reconciliation post hospital, skilled event or ER visit
- Patient Care
- Patient assessment for Change in Condition - RN may perform a nursing assessment on a patient within scope of practice, communicate findings back to NP
- The RN may make rounds and identify high risk patients
- RN may be required to provide on-site support to patients or facilities
- The RN may gather information for rounds and enter into preliminary note as described in the documentation section
- The RN may write verbal orders from Provider in the chart in compliance with the state RN practice laws, and in compliance with individual nursing facility practices
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current unrestricted Registered Nurse license in the state of practice
- 3+ years of RN experience
- Demonstrated excellent communication and customer service skills
- Valid driver's license with appropriate insurance
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Baccalaureate degree
- 3+ years of experience in post-acute care, such as long-term care or hospice and/or Case Management experience as an RN
- Experience with using an Electronic Medical Record
- Basic Microsoft Office skills with the ability to navigate in a Window's environment
- Familiarity with the long-term care business environment
- Experience working with the geriatric population
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.