Manager, Plant Engineer
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides engineering support required for specific assigned utility infrastructure, systems and equipment.
- Lead & contribute to the Development of user requirements for new equipment and modifications to existing equipment and systems from concept through supporting installation with the collaboration of stakeholders.
- Support commissioning and validation activities for specified equipment.
- During operations and capital projects the Site Engineering – Facilities & Utilities Engineering will work with stakeholders including Third Party Integrator, Manufacturing, Quality, and EHS organizations providing support of equipment and systems including on-the-floor troubleshooting of equipment.
- During construction of future projects, responsibilities will include supporting project group with developing scope and justification, design reviews, assistance in the preparation of specifications, execution and evaluation of factory acceptance tests for utility equipment, assessment of spare part requirements, assist in the generation of PM activities, and walk down of equipment systems prior to handover. Review of as built drawings and TOP. May sign off
- Provides technical support for equipment ensuring continued compliance to regulatory, company and site policy and procedure.
- Addresses equipment issues identified by stakeholder; assesses production needs and opportunities; coordination with internal groups and outside contractors; may assist, with manager oversight, the generation specifications for the procurement of equipment and Instrumentation; installation modification of equipment and systems, reduces equipment downtime, develops and implements new capital project scopes, performs project management for non-capital modification projects, supports compliance efforts related to Deviations, CAPA, change management and contamination investigations.
- Ability to work extended hours or a modified work schedule as required for coverage activities for future projects and support of ongoing 24/7 manufacturing facility. The job requires technical knowledge and the candidate should have the ability to proactively troubleshoot and possess the desire to continue to develop technically and professionally
Knowledge & Skill
- Knowledge of plant engineering and science generally attained through studies resulting in a B.S., in engineering (Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical preferred depending on assigned systems), a related discipline, or its equivalent.
- A minimum of 4 years relevant experience in biopharmaceutical industry or its equivalent including experience with plant utilities and auxiliary systems (HVAC, Power Infrastructure 13.8KVA, Electrical Distribution, Plant Steam, Fire Alarm/Suppression, Storm water management, Compressed Air, Chilled Glycol, Cooling towers).
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing and organize multiple complex technical projects and familiarity with the manufacturing operations of large-scale production facilities as well as GMP experience.
- Experience with 3D model plant design software desirable.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in both a team environment and an individual contributor role.
- Knowledgeable in engineering principles related industrial building utilities troubleshooting
- Strong facility-related (e.g. mechanical, electrical) assessment and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex business documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to highly sensitive issues
- Ability to write reports, manuals, presentations and articles using distinctive style.
- GMP experience and safety knowledge (understanding of OSHA requirements)
- Demonstrated communication, administrative and leadership skills with ability to work well with other departments, and effectively and efficiently lead in a team environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand, implement, and monitor regulatory and safety guidelines applicable to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong experience managing external business partners and vendors across various disciplines and geographies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage across functional lines and deliver results in a matrix organization.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.