Manager, Refrigeration Engineer
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
- Responsible for the effective uninterrupted support of Facilities operational activities for BMS Devens.
- Work with Associated Director - Facilities & Plant Utilities to develop and review facilities budget and cost to support operations.
- Perform analysis and make recommendations regarding refrigeration monitoring, operations, controls and components.
- Owns and serves as the Site SME for key related areas, i.e. CRYO systems, ultra- low freezer chambers, upright refrigerators, cold rooms, LN2 freezers, and incubators (CTUs).
- Ensure adequate maintenance program is applied assigned systems and interacts with Regulatory Agencies as required.
- Indirectly oversee repairs, maintenance of systems and improvement initiatives.
- Ensure all work is in compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations and laws, company policies and procedures, and current Good Manufacturing Procedures.
- Perform/support quality investigations and change management associated to assigned systems.
- Makes project/work assignments with communication of the expected timeline and monitors the progress against the timelines.
- Coordinate work through Integrated Facilities Management team to maintain safe, clean, and healthy conditions on company property to achieve the best working environment possible for employees and visitors.
- Provides management reporting on common issues, asset retirement and replacement plans, KPIs on service company performance, and cost control initiatives.
- Drives building refrigeration system automation to increase efficiencies and reduce expenses related to equipment within stores
- Effectively communicates with clients to support regulatory agencies (FDA, EMA etc.) and internal project teams for inspection readiness.
- Coordinates major activities including scheduled projects working with key stakeholders.
- Represents BMS’s interests while overseeing service delivery and maintaining and growing relationships with the Service Provider utilizing both informal and standardized local and regional governance processes and partnerships with BMS stakeholders such as BMS facilities operations, site customers, local and regional Finance, EHS, Quality, Procurement, Human Resources, Global Facilities Services and Global Energy departments.
- Identifies and communicates new ideas and cost saving opportunities to construct or remodel facilities to minimize long-term maintenance and repair costs
- Supports remote review of asset performance and recommends asset disposal and replacements per equipment guidelines. Supports warranty management on refrigeration assets
- Approval of service provider monthly and quarterly KPI metric results related to the regulated services provided on campus.
Knowledge & Skill
- BS degree with 5+ years of pharmaceutical facilities experience or 10+ years of applicable industry work.
- Strong leadership, performance management and employee development skills.
- Strong facility-related (e.g. mechanical, electrical) assessment and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Utilizes Energy Reports, Leak Reports, and other KPI reports to identify non-conformities, failure analysis and takes action to mitigate unnecessary spend
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex business documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to highly sensitive issues.
- Ability to write reports, manuals, presentations and articles using distinctive style.
- GMP experience and safety knowledge (understanding of OSHA requirements)
- Strong project management skills (i.e. budget tracking, schedule development and adherence, project reporting, etc.)
- Demonstrated communication, administrative and leadership skills with ability to work well with other departments, and effectively and efficiently lead in a team environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand, implement, and monitor regulatory and safety guidelines applicable to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong experience managing external business partners and vendors across various disciplines and geographies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage across functional lines and deliver results in a matrix organization.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.