Senior Manager, Innovation
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
BIA R&D frequently leads key initiatives in strategic, operational and analytic domains, many of which are highly visible, cross functional, complex (multiple work streams), with significant investment, and innovative in nature. This position would provide project leadership to drive key initiatives forward in alignment with project sponsors and key stakeholders. This role will create and deliver innovation projects and manage external partnerships designed to transform pharmaceutical research.
- Project leadership for specific innovation projects and components of innovation portfolio
- Provide support for entire IDH innovation portfolio
- Provide support for external partnerships and alliance management tasks
- Provide hands-on support to key stakeholders whether on large, multi-year initiatives as well as ad hoc requests or targeted support.
- Identify project issues, make informed decisions, and drive toward strategic goals
- Ongoing review and development of innovation strategic plans (including GDD Innovation)
- Support systems and processes necessary to transition the new initiatives and innovations to other groups for scale up after proof of concept is achieved
- Assist in managing the innovation portfolio budgets, and support prioritization and reporting
- Accountable for successful delivery of milestones within our strategic innovation partnerships and for effectively managing current and future strategic partnerships / collaborations.
- Be the point of contact related to target projects.
- Bachelor's degree in business or relevant scientific discipline. Advanced degree or relevant experience preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Project management experience with the ability to develop clear action plans and drive execution to meet timelines and deliver on commitments.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, influence, negotiate, and drive organizational engagement.
- Capable of bringing structure to vaguely defined problems while using creative yet pragmatic problem-solving approaches and execution management
- Ability to work autonomously and report on issues and outcomes, escalate, make decisions and resolve issues quickly.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation, facilitation, and executive-level messaging skills
- Ability to build relationships and influence, and drive organizational engagement
- Ability to ensure connectivity across multiple functions and across the enterprise
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.