Access & Reimbursement Manager, Mid-Atlantic Region Tennessee (includes Nashville, Chattanooga, Memphis, SW Kentucky)
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Access & Reimbursement Manager, Mid-Atlantic Region
Tennessee (includes Nashville, Chattanooga, Memphis, SW Kentucky)
Job Responsibilities: This Manager (EG-130) is a member of the customer-facing team for BMS Access Support. This manager will be responsible for developing strong, long-term relationships with customers in all assigned Oncology and Immunology accounts. This position, along with BMS Access Support, provides information and resources in a professional, compliant, ethical and effective manner to support a clinical decision to use BMS products by providing access and reimbursement support. This position will work closely with BMS Access Support, Market Access Strategy, Field Sales, Brand Marketing, Bristol-Myers Squibb is looking for people who align with our Mission and have a passion to help physicians and patients prevail over serious diseases and ensure appropriate access to our medications. We are looking for smart, professional and passionate people, like you, who want to make a difference in the lives of patients. Bristol-Myers Squibb takes a vested interest in developing our people for not only today but for the long term. We are looking to hire our future leaders and help you reach your potential while building a career that makes you proud. Please consider this opportunity to learn about Bristol-Myers Squibb and join a stellar team of people who share your passion.
Access & Reimbursement Manager, BMS AS and the Market Access Field Team.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Builds and maintains professional contacts with office staff in private practice, medical group practices and/or hospitals, and others in the patient care continuum
- Develops deep market access expertise in the assigned geography and anticipates implications for brands (and their key competitors) in the Immunoscience and Oncology Portfolios
- Fosters team effectiveness within matrix team by sharing knowledge, experience, and information
- Provides Home Office approved reimbursement related training to District Manager and sales representatives within own geography
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of BMS
- Approximately 40-50% of overnight travel required, additional requirements based territory
- This role reports to a Regional Director and the entire team reports into US Value Access and Payment
- Prefer candidate to live in territory geography
- Relocation is not available
Qualifications and Experience we look for in a candidate:
- Candidates should have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Candidates should have demonstrated performance in the following skills: strategic analysis, leadership, teambuilding, coaching and the ability to effectively and efficiently drive performance within a matrix organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required with a minimum of 5+ years in pharmaceuticals and/or related Healthcare experience
- Account management skills and experience in the buy and bill market is preferred
- Demonstrated strength in BMS Behaviors: Passion, Accountability, Innovation, and Speed
As this position requires operation of a Company-provided vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of Qualified Driver, as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following:
1) At least 21 years of age;
2) A driver’s license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and
3) A driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company
The starting compensation for this job is a range from $121,000-$152,000, plus incentive cash and stock opportunities (based on eligibility). The starting pay takes into account characteristics of the job, such as required skills and where the job is performed. Final, individual compensation is decided based on demonstrated experience. For more on benefits, please visit our BMS Careers site. Eligibility for specific benefits listed in our careers site may vary based on the job and location.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.