Manager, Enterprise Data Historian
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
At BMS, digital innovation and Information Technology are central to our vision of transforming patients’ lives through science. To accelerate our ability to serve patients around the world, we must unleash the power of technology. We are committed to being at the forefront of transforming the way medicine is made and delivered by harnessing the power of computer and data science, artificial intelligence, and other technologies to promote scientific discovery, faster decision making, and enhanced patient care.
The Enterprise Data Historian will help manage various OSI PI implementation across the BMS manufacturing network. This includes system administration and validation, new technology implementation, as well as incident and request management.
Desired Candidate Characteristics:
- Have a strong commitment to a career in technology with a passion for healthcare
- Ability to understand the needs of the business and commitment to deliver the best user experience and adoption
- Able to collaborate across multiple teams
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Innovative and inquisitive nature to ask questions, offer bold ideas and challenge the status quo
- Agility to learn new tools and processes
- Familiarity with system life cycle process or computer system validation
- Ensure operational uptime for the Enterprise PI system, which includes daily system health checks, monitoring of backups and interface data flow.
- Serve as Tier 1 support to remediate Enterprise PI system issues
- Interact with sites to field questions relevant to Enterprise PI
- Liaise with infrastructure teams to troubleshoot and remediate general IT issues that impact PI
- Ensure that process data within the Enterprise PI Data Replication Server is aligned to site PI servers.
- Adding tags to the Enterprise PI Data Replication Server per site requests and/or tag management automated program
- Configuration of Enterprise PI AF/EF, Module DB, Batch DB etc. as per specified requirements to support data analytics projects.
- Instantiate/configure/qualify new PI interfaces to align with new site rollouts
- Support for PI batch replication
- Incrementally grow operational support to include connections to data consumers as they come online
- Use change control and documentation validation tools to complete configuration changes to the Enterprise PI system
- Maintain Enterprise PI SDLC to align to system changes
- Create and/or update SOPs that focus on Enterprise PI standards including PI System Administration, PI Tag and Data Management, PI AF/Analytics Management, etc.
- Liaise with quality teams to create and/or update validation documentation.
- Support and assist with Enterprise OSI-PI and component upgrades
- Share SOP updates with site PI admins
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information technology or related field
- Strong experience with Microsoft Server technologies including Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy
- Experience providing direct User Support in a geographically distributed environment
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Understanding of networking concepts including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLANS, WLAN, VPN
- General knowledge of SQL language and database operations
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written, and formal presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Experience working in GMP and/or regulated environment
- May occasionally require off-hours work as dictated by Project Schedule
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with OSI-PI Server Administration Tools including PI Server, and PI AF & EF
- Experience with OSI-PI Client Tools such as Vision, Integrator BA, Process Book, and DataLink
- Experience with PI Interfaces OPC, RDBMS, UFL, EMDVB etc.
- General knowledge of Process automation including PLC’s, Building Automation, Manufacturing Execution Systems, and Distributed Control Systems
- Experience working with SQL, Server, Oracle, or other relational databases preferred but not required.
- Experience with Power shell scripting or Python
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.