Additional Information About the Role
Join the leadership team at BJC Healthcare's state of the art pediatric facility. This position will offer the chance to oversee operations of the entire Barnes Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children's Hospital campus. You will have the opportunity to be a part of planning and implementing the operations strategy for all of facilities and grounds-keeping across nine million square feet of space.
St. Louis Children’s Hospital is dedicated to improving the health and lives of children. As one of the top-ranked children’s hospitals in the country, St. Louis Children’s provides care in more than 50 specialty areas through a dedicated team of physicians, nurses, staff and volunteers. Along with inpatient and outpatient medical care, the hospital offers education, wellness and injury-prevention programs to fulfill its mission to “do what’s right for kids.”
Providing comprehensive, high-quality care and serving as an advocate for children has been St. Louis Children’s commitment since its inception in 1879. Today, the hospital serves patients and families across a 300-mile service area, and has seen patients from all 50 states and more than 80 countries.
St. Louis Children’s consistently ranks among America’s Best Children’s Hospitals by U.S.News & World Report in all surveyed categories. In 2021, St. Louis Children’s was one of eight children’s hospitals to rank in the top 25 of all 10 specialties. The hospital’s academic and physician partner, Washington University School of Medicine, is one of the top-ranked medical schools in the United States. Since 2005, St. Louis Children’s has been designated as a Magnet® hospital for nursing excellence from the American Nurses Credentialing Center® (ANCC).
Provides leadership support and direction for the Medical Center Facility Operations functions including Engineering, Building Finishes and Groundskeeping. Responsible for setting standards of performance measuring the effectiveness of the operations and organizing and coordinating the Facility Operations activities. Serves as a project champion in the development and implementation of Facility Operations improvement initiatives for the medical campus.
- Ensures all support services departments operate according to environmental and regulatory compliance codes and guidelines to protect the organization from liability, licensure and accreditation deficiencies and penalties.
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership.
- Develops and adheres to departmental staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets. Responds to changes in the business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget goals
- Oversees medical center facility managers and their performance toward Implementing established strategic direction and ensuring necessary resources are in place to support the facility operations goals on the medical campus.
- Researches, develops, and implements industry best practices that encourage integration of facility efforts on campus, increases efficiencies of our teams and achieves performance improvement and cost containment.
- Coordinates and implements effective, efficient facility operations work plans to ensure delivery of engineering, maintenance and grounds keeping services that meet the customer’s expectations.
- Oversees the development and implementation of programs that result in increased operational efficiencies (labor and physical plant) and cost reductions.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
Licenses & Certifications
- Certified Healthcare Facilities Manager (CHFM)
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer