Senior Manager- Automation
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to Associate Director of Control Systems, this role serves as the automation expert, mentors the team of controls engineers and drives the efforts and support related to the Automation System Infrastructure, software configuration for the process and building automation systems at Devens CTF facility.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES
1. Function as the DeltaV Subject matter expert and System Administrator for multiple automation systems to support the operation of all GMP and non-GMP control systems and other auxiliary equipment at the Devens CTF facility.
2. Mentor a team of controls engineers to investigate, design, configure / integrate and test process control solutions to a variety of complex technical problems.
3. Lead cross functional teams to developing Requirements, Qualification and Testing.
4. Plan, implement and test design solutions per Good Automation Practices.
5. Lead start-up and large-scale implementation projects involving cross functional teams and contractors.
6. Provide troubleshooting and guidance support to automation systems in support of Manufacturing.
8. Provide on-call support for control systems along with other team members as Subject Matter Expert.
9. Conceptualize, compile estimates and cost information for DCS and PLC systems as part of capital approval requests.
10. Lead and support team and invest in the development of current and future employees through assignment of development opportunities, coaching, mentoring, and effective administration of rewards and recognition programs.
11. Work with all departments and with all levels of the organization.
12. Exercise sound judgment in making decisions and recommendations within generally defined practices and policies and notify senior management when necessary.
13. Support development and proper execution of IT Front Line Support and provide coordination functions for multi-site initiatives.
14. Monitors and support delivery of automation team deliverables and function as application system owner for automation systems.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or its equivalent.
• Specific technical skills with including a minimum of 15 years’ experience working with control systems (DeltaV, BAS and PLC’s) in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology sector.
• Expert understanding of S88, S95 and batch processing operations required.
• Understanding of engineering documentation such as P&IDs, network diagrams, process flow diagrams and standard operating procedures.
• Experience as supervisor/manager including a minimum of 5 years working with technical team.
• Excellent communication skills including oral, written, and formal presentations.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced multi-tasking team environment.
• Ability to troubleshoot network and control systems from the field element up through operator interfaces and databases.
• Experience with DeltaV, IT Infrastructure and BAS systems required.
• Experience with Control System Networking Technologies and PC networking technologies required.
• Experience working with SQL, Server, Oracle, or other relational databases preferred but not required.
• Experience with .Net scripting preferred but not required.
• Experience with ServiceNow and Agile Methodology
• Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and coordination skills
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.