Manager, Commercial Content Technical Lead
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This position is the Commercial Content – Technical Lead within the Commercialization IT – Prescriber Capabilities (CIT-PC) function, responsible & accountable for the solution design, development & configuration, and governance of digital capabilities including participation in release management activities across build, run & innovation initiatives in support of the goals/objectives of the Omni Channel Capabilities (OCC), CIT-PC & related groups to drive better customer engagement and experience.
The individual will primarily partner with the leads of CIT-PC leads, to design/develop/implement technology solutions for enabling digital capabilities across build, run & innovation initiatives that have the greatest impact on the enterprise, set the right expectations, and ensure that the IT delivery teams are aligned & can fulfill the intended business outcomes.
- Partner with the leads of Omni Channel Capabilities (OCC), Commercialization IT – Prescriber Capabilities (CIT-PC), and the broader IT matrix organization with a focus on solution design, development, and implementation of digital capabilities, for new and existing capabilities, to drive effective customer engagement & experience.
- Collaborate with IT partners and business teams to understand requirements and use cases, align on requirements, design, and tasks to deliver on agreed upon releases for changes and enhancements.
- Responsible for estimations, configuration, testing, and implementation of agreed upon requirements following SDLC and validation processes.
- Ability to understand, analyze, estimate, and develop solution options, keeping considerations, implications, and end-user impact in mind.
- Assist with tracking, logging, monitoring, and driving to resolution of end user issues. Assist with escalation, troubleshooting, and prioritization.
- Assist with capturing and documenting business requirements and technical design elements.
- Build Proof of Concepts (POCs) with user management, security, data privacy & performance as key considerations to help prove out/establish a potential digital capability solution to scale into production.
- Work closely with strategic partners, providing the expertise necessary to synchronize business and IT Enterprise Veeva processes and ensure compliance with BMS policies and procedures.
- Provide thought leadership around technical solutions and collaborate with other technologists on creating cross-domain solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify high value capabilities with clear differentiators when making digital capability platform choices.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement such as increasing productivity or cost savings.
- Understanding of Commercial Content development processes. Strong knowledge & hands on experience managing the end-to-end content lifecycle i.e. content creation, content storage, content review & approval, content assembly/authoring & content distribution.
- Strong knowledge of foundational content capabilities - Digital Asset Management (DAM), Medical/Legal/Regulatory (MLR) Review Processes & Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Responsible for ensuring that all IT functions are successful in their delivery of services to support the digital solutions enablement of the Omni-Channel Capabilities group. Key matrix IT partner functions include data architecture, cyber security, data privacy office, application build & support, portfolio & program management, collaboration services, infrastructure services etc.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Commercialization (Commercial + Medical) domain & Digital Capability Solutions experience.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, with the ability to build strong partnerships.
- Ability to clearly articulate and translate technical elements in business terms.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, influence and partner with senior leaders.
- Ability to lead the analysis of complex business needs and translate them into deployable technology solutions by developing/owning/managing the solution architecture & design of the same.
- Ability to scan technical landscape for cutting-edge technology solutions and be able to recommend the best solution for the digital capability area including pros/cons, technical, functional, organizational fit, and facilitating risk assessments.
- Working knowledge of Veeva Vault and Veeva platforms. Hands-on configuration experience with Veeva systems and content authoring tools
- Multiple implementations of digital capabilities in commercialization domain, with hands-on configuration experience.
- Working knowledge of different software-development lifecycle methodologies like AGILE etc.
- Demonstrated ability to support a dynamic culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Potential to develop into an internally and externally recognized thought-leader in the field of IT Architecture & Solution Design for Content Capabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in an IT technical role.
- 7+ years of experience in each of the following: Leading solution architecture & design for large scale Omni Channel implementations, specifically content capabilities like but not limited to Digital Asset Management (DAM), Content Management System (CMS), Medical, Legal & Regulatory (MLR) review.
- Hands on experience working with but not limited to: Veeva Vault PromoMats & MedComms, Veeva CRM & Salesforce Technologies (Nice to have).
- Familiarity with and awareness of the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Capable of working cooperatively across boundaries and within a matrix to achieve results.
- Ability to deliver complex, highly integrated systems to one or multiple geographies and business units.
- Demonstrates strong presentation and influencing skills with key partners across functions/regions.
Why You Should Apply
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.