Manager, Early Career Talent Partner
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
We are seeking a Manager, Early Career Talent Partner who will be a key driver to proactively deliver on early career program needs within the business/functional areas they support. The Manager will help also help deliver an effective Intern and Co-op program to deliver conversion into the full-time rotational programs.
Early Career Program and Talent Management:
- Implement initiatives aimed at developing and retaining early career talent within BMS
- Execute programmatic process, including but not limited to, sourcing rotational assignment placements, training and development opportunities, and onboarding new associates
- Assist in the review of the US Early Career Program strategy on an on-going basis, in conjunction with the larger Early Career team, to ensure alignment across the enterprise
- Work directly with business leaders and key stakeholders to deliver best-in-class and innovative programs
- Partner with Early Career Program Associates to help understand career goals and provide guidance to associates appropriately
- Maintain and run data analytics to measure attrition, retention, diversity initiatives, best practices, and performance management
- Implement Early Career Talent Management practices
- Drive Annual Intern and Co-op Program aimed at providing university hires with a comprehensive learning experience
Early Career Talent Acquisition:
- Drive school team support strategy for annual on-campus and virtual recruitment initiatives
- Maintain and run data analytics to help inform strategic recruitment partnerships
- Partner with Inclusion and Diversity Sourcing and Events teams to ensure participation in annual Diversity Conferences and Events
- Drive effective pipelining solutions to ensure Intern and Co-op conversions into the full-time rotational programs
- Partner with vendor to ensure Intern and Co-op hires are processed and on-boarded effectively
- Assist in interview process of full-time program candidates; support scheduling of candidate interviews for final round interview days
- BA/BS degree in a related concentration, with at least 5 years of successful university recruiting, talent acquisition, talent management, and/or early career program management experience
- Experience in the use of metrics and analytics to drive business performance
- Ability to navigate within the organization to build a solid and trusted network
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office
- Experience in applicant tracking systems, preferably in Workday
- Pharmaceutical or Life Science industry experience is preferred
- Ability to work in the United States without future need for sponsorship
Key Business Partners:
- HRBP’s, Business Leaders, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, People Services, Internal/External Vendors
The starting compensation for this job is a range from $87,000 - $110,000 plus incentive cash and stock opportunities (based on eligibility).
The starting pay rate takes into account characteristics of the job, such as required skills and the geographic location where work is performed.
Final, individual compensation is decided commensurate with demonstrated experience.
For more on benefits, please visit our BMS Careers Site. Eligibility for specific benefits listed therein may vary based on job and location.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.