Manager, Radiology Advanced Technical Education- MRI
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania is seeking a full-time educator for MRI!
The MR Educator is responsible for all MRI protocols and education throughout the health system. Working closely with corporate wide staff and Directors as a liaison between physicians, radiologist and vendors, the MR Educator promotes the highest standard of patient care and imaging quality, while ensuring the technologists are staying up to date with changing and advancing technology to ensure appropriate protocol, quality control and MR safety protocol implementation is adhered to and followed.
The MR Educator travels to over 15 locations, and supports 38 MR units, in addition to providing virtual real-time coaching and training remotely to over 130 staff technologists.
· Standardizes protocol across the health system for over 36 MR systems
· Ensures standardization and continuity of care for all MR exams
· Function as QA/QC coordinator to review scans and communicates with other technologists when improvements are needed or protocols need to be adjusted.
· Maintains relationships with sales, service and application specialists from multiple vendors.
· Oversight of patient care teams to help optimize protocols to radiologist preference and patient experience.
· Assist in project planning, install and turnover of new equipment
· Plan and develop education modules to ensure technologist are aware of new technology, imaging expectations and ensure consistency.
· Create ASRT approved CME’s which helps steers the technologist education to safety and protocols that pertain to UPHS.
· Responsible to train all MR staff in UPHS radiology on protocols in MR. The protocols are vast in number and complexity.
· Evaluate all staff for current MR knowledge level and abilities; prepare individual learning plans for each staff accordingly. Evaluate learning progress at set intervals;
· The incumbent is the expert and responsible for teaching and training for all MRI staff; UPHS radiology
· Recommend equipment upgrades to ensure high quality patient care is being delivered;
· Develop competency program for technologists to ensure consistent quality across health systems protocols
· Administer competencies and evaluate results of competencies
· Communicate competency results with managerial team
· Proactively seeks out and creates opportunities for life long for self and staff learning
· Operating radiology equipment using proper protocols to produce high quality images
· Takes initiative to resolve issues/concerns from radiology technologists, physicians, supervisors, UPHS personnel and co-workers
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelors in Allied Health Preferred
- ARRT Certified- MRI and Diagnostic Radiology Required
- BCLS Required
- Venipuncture Certified Required
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.