DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
As part of the UPHS Information Services Division project management office, oversee projects coordinating Applications teams, outsourced IT functions, external consultants, vendors, and UPHS departments and divisions. Responsible for managing the overall project lifecycle from system selection, project justification (ROI), budgeting process, staffing, delivery, closure, and transition to operations. Ongoing project responsibilities include managing the project budget, development and management to the project plan, coordination with hospital department and staff, risk assessment and mitigation, and problem resolutions. Ensure the completion of projects within budgets and project plans and the integration of these new systems with existing clinical, administrative and financial systems. Coordinate with IS and departmental management in the annual planning process. Participate in the management of the day-to-day delivery of IS services through appropriate personnel.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years related experience. (Required)
- Master's degree and three years of related experience. (Preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Project Management disciplines in a complex Information Systems environment. (Required)
- Project Management Professional designation. (Preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in evaluating, managing the development of, and implementing custom and packaged software projects
- Ability and experience coordinating the activities and deliverables of two to ten staff on a project team from various areas of the organization
- Working knowledge of applications development, database management and operating systems is desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare operations and systems desired
- Ability to work successfully in a matrix managed environment
- Able to deliver clear and concise product presentations and to write clearly and effectively
- Strong business analyst skills, specifically with business and functional requirements development
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.