Licensed Practical Nurse Fenton, MO
The On-Site Solutions Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practice clinicians, front office and other clinical staff. The successful O-Site solutions LPN will have sound clinical acumen, strong communication skills and a dedication to customer service and patient care. The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will be working daytime hours at an On-Site employee clinic.
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals
- Complete provider orders per state and provider regulations
- Assists the provider with examinations, procedures, and other duties
- Performs biometric visits including testing, documentation, and patient education of at-risk biometrics
- Screening, capturing accurate and detailed patient clinical intake and updating medical records
- Oversee and coordinate the daily patient care flow
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam preparation, etc.
- Ability to perform venipuncture and lab specimen collections
- Complete patient referrals and patient callbacks daily, with results as needed
- Ensure clinic readiness and maintenance to remain compliant with corporate policies
- Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations including OSHA and HIPAA requirements
- Knowledge of computerized information systems (EMR) used in clinical management settings
- Perform duties in accordance with the customary rules of ethics and conduct of the applicable State Board of Nursing and other such regulating bodies
- Solid commitment to Customer Service and Excellence in healthcare
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Completes all assigned training
- Maintains knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited school for Licensed Practical or Vocational Nursing
- Current state LPN licensure and BLS/CPR certification
- Maintain CEUs as applicable for licensure
- Experience with venipuncture and lab specimen collections
- Maintains HIPAA at all times
- 1+ years of clinical experience in direct patient care
- Experience in Urgent Care, Emergency Room, Primary Care or Critical Care setting
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.