Licensed Practical Nurse - Latrobe, PA
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practice clinicians, front office and clinical staff. The successful LPN will have sound clinical acumen, strong communication skills and a dedication to customer service and patient care.
This role is center-based and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may vary based on location, patient volume, and business needs.
Our teams utilize a collaborative working model to build connections across our centers and communities. The primary center for this position is [LOCATION], though you may also operate in other local work sites on an as needed basis.
- Complete provider orders per state and provider regulations
- Assists the provider with examinations, procedures, and other duties
- Responsible for screening and accurate detailed clinical intake of patients and updating medical records
- Able to prepare and administer all prescribed medications including, but not limited to, IV medications and fluid administration, IM, SQ, PO, and intradermal medication administration at the direction of the medical provider (per applicable State regulations and MedExpress guidelines)
- Oversee and coordinate the daily patient care flow
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam preparation, etc.
- Complete occupational health testing including such services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and physicals
- Complete patient referrals and patient callbacks daily
- Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited school for Licensed Practical or Vocational Nursing
- Current state LPN licensure and BLS/CPR certification
- 1+ years of direct patient care experience
- Maintain CEU/CMEs as applicable for licensure
- Current IV Certification or must be willing to obtain within 90 days if required by state
- Experience in Urgent Care, Emergency Room or Critical Care setting
- Experience with venipuncture and lab specimen collections
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.