Nurse Practitioner HouseCalls West Regional Traveler Sign On Bonus or Student Loan Repayment Options Available
$40,000 Student Loan Repayment or $30K Sign-on Bonus for external candidates
How about an added bonus, or help with paying down your student loans?
Eligibility to receive a Sign-On Bonus OR three years of student loan repayment assistance through our Student Loan Repayment (SLR) program. This could mean up to an additional $40K in benefits to you as well as the opportunity to pay down your student loan faster!
This role requires travel to multiple states in the Western Region
HouseCalls is a Nurse Practitioner led model of care designed around the person offers a fulfilling career where you can focus on what brought you into medicine: keeping patients healthy. This Traveler position will visit members within a geographic area of responsibility.
Providers perform annual clinical assessments to members in the comfort of their homes. HouseCalls visits are effective in reducing health risks, identifying acute issues, and connecting members to key support services. The Optum HouseCalls team had a 99%-member satisfaction rate in 2021.
In this role you will have the ability to achieve work life balance. Flexible scheduling offered where providers can flex their time over the 7-day work week. No on-call, no weekends and no holidays required.
OPTUM is transforming care delivery with innovative and personal care. As one of the largest employers of Advance Practice Clinicians, Optum offers unparalleled career development opportunities.
- Conduct in-home assessments including an evaluation of past medical history, review of systems, medication reconciliation, vital signs, and comprehensive physical exam
- Perform evidence-based practice screenings including point of care testing (as appropriate)
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform member’s PCP of potential gaps in care
- Identify urgent and emergent situations and intervene appropriately
- Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance
- Travel up to 85%
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in
- Active NP license or ability to obtain by start date. Licensure must be unencumbered, free of any open/unresolved disciplinary actions including probation or restrictions against privilege to practice
- Active ANCC or AANP national certification in Family, Geriatrics, Adult, Adult-Gerontology Primary Care, or Adult-Gerontology Acute Care certification, or the ability to obtain national certification and/or NP license in state of assignment by start date
- Ability to complete physical requirements of the job including lifting a 30-pound bag in and out of the car, navigating stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions, and sit, stand and kneel to perform physical assessment
- Access to reliable transportation to travel up to 85% within licensed states (with notice, based on business needs) to complete home visit assessments
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 3+ years of experience in a clinical setting
- Home Health Care or Nursing Home experience
- Solid communication skills with the geriatric or Medicare population
- Detailed oriented; dependable and reliable
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus and/or Student Loan Repayment Plan Option is available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign-On Bonus or Student Loan Repayment Plan Option unless they are newly moving into the Traveler Nurse Practitioner role.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.