Nurse Practitioner Per Diem - St. Mary Parish and surrounding areas of LA
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
What you do matters. And who you do it for matters even more. If you're looking for more meaningful impact, you should take a serious look at our growing organization. Since our founding in the mid-90's, Peoples Health has brought innovation and compassion to Medicare patients throughout Louisiana. Now, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, our team consists of over 900 people who are experienced in all aspects of care delivery, health maintenance and administrative support. It's our goal to help guide over 60,000 Medicare recipients across the broad spectrum of health and dental services. We're committed to the highest purpose; improving lives.
The Nurse Practitioner holds primary responsibility to conduct clinical assessment(s) of PH members, documents and codes encounters in the authorized electronic medical record system(s), in an effort to improve our plan member's quality of life and to facilitate optimal health outcomes through cost-effective healthcare.
This Per Assessment position will offer up to 20 hours per week and will cover St. Mary Parish and surrounding areas in Louisiana. This offers a flexible schedule where you can choose your hours and days that you work any day/evening during the week and including Saturdays as an option.
- Conduct in-home assessments on health plan members, including past medical history, review of symptoms, physical examination, medication review and depression screening
- Checking vitals, conducting a physical exam that includes monofilament test, urine dipstick and foot exam (as appropriate)
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform the PCP of potential gaps in care
- Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication and compliance
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
Since this position involves in-home visits, the ability to work autonomously and extensive travel will be required. You should also be comfortable working with geriatric patients who have a variety of health complications.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active, unencumbered license to practice nursing in the assigned state
- Nurse Practitioner Certification from either the ANCC, AANP or AACN as Adult, Geriatric or Family
- Ability to obtain prescriptive authority post-hire in states where applicable
- 1+ years of clinical experience in highest level of education OR 3+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to spend at least 1 hour with a member in their home, which may be in understaffed or remote areas, in the presence of pets or individuals who are tobacco users
- Ability to lift a 30 pound bag in and out of car and to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Experience in Gerontology, Cardiology, Internal Medicine or Endocrinology
- Home care or home visit experience
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and the ability to effectively communicate with seniors and their families
- Computer literate and able to navigate the internet
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.