Nurse Practitioner HouseCalls - Brattleboro, VT
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
We're fast becoming the nation's largest employer of Nurse Practitioners; offering a superior professional environment and incredible opportunities to make a difference in the lives of patients. This growth is not only a testament to our model's success but the efforts, care, and commitment of our Nurse Practitioners.
HouseCalls Nurse Practitioners conduct in-home health assessments on enrolled Medicare Advantage members. A HouseCalls Nurse Practitioner will complete visits on members within a geographic area of responsibility. The nature of the HouseCalls visit can vary and could include performing an annual health assessment, a post discharge visit, or visiting more complex members more than once per year.
- Conduct in-home assessments on health plan members. Average visit is 45-60 minutes in length. Assessment is performed and completed electronically. HouseCalls Assessment includes:
- Past medical history
- Review of systems
- Medication review
- Evidence-based practice screenings
- Checking vitals, conducting a physical exam that includes point of care testing (as appropriate)
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform member’s PCP of potential gaps in care
- Identify needs and opportunities to generate clinical referrals appropriately
- Identify urgent and emergent situations and intervene appropriately
- Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- NP license and national certification (ANCC or AANP, or the ability to obtain national certification and/or NP license in state of assignment) active, unencumbered licensure free any open/unresolved disciplinary actions including probation or restrictions against privilege to practice. May be requested to obtain additional licensure supported by business
- Family, Geriatrics, Adult, Adult-Gerontology Primary or Adult-Gerontology Acute Care certification
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of clinical experience in their highest level of education, clinical setting
- Experience in gerontology, cardiology, internal medicine, or endocrinology
- Home Health care or home visit experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and verbal skills
- Professional image and behavior
- Solid communication skills with the geriatric or Medicare population
- Proficient with electronic medical records, the internet and access to a personal computer
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Dependable and reliable
- Ability to lift 30-pound bag in and out of car and up and down steps, as needed
- Ability to obtain reliable transportation in order to complete home visit assessments
- Ability to navigate public transportation, if required
- Ability to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
- Ability to sit, stand and kneel, as needed, to perform physical assessment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.