Registered Nurse, Per Diem - Elm Grove, WV
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Per Diem Registered Nurse is responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practice clinicians, front office and clinical staff. The successful RN will have sound clinical acumen, strong communication skills and a dedication to customer service and patient care.
This role is center-based and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may vary based on location, patient volume, and business needs.
Our teams utilize a collaborative working model to build connections across our centers and communities. The primary center for this position is Elm Grove, though you may also operate in other local work sites on an as needed basis.
- Assess, screen, triage and perform treatment ordered for patients
- Perform medical treatment as ordered by provider or established MedExpress standing orders
- Prepare and assist provider with dispensing prescribed medications (in states where applicable)
- Assists the provider with examinations, procedures and other duties
- Oversee and coordinate the daily patient care flow
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam preparation, etc.
- Complete occupational health testing including such services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and physicals
- Complete patient referrals and patient callbacks daily
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and/or paper based documentation for all assessments and procedures
- Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with current state licensure
- Maintain BLS/CPR and CME/CEU’s as applicable for licensure
- 1+ years of dedicated clinical work experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of experience in Urgent Care, Emergency Room or Critical Care setting
- Experience with IV insertion
- Experience with employer health services / occupational medicine
- Experience with venous access for medication administration, as well as venipuncture and lab specimen collections
- Working knowledge of computerized information systems (EMR) used in clinical management settings
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.