Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Rheumatology - Las Vegas, NV
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical Associates (SMA) is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. SMA offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. SMA is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Southwest Medical is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
In this role, you will administer comprehensive outpatient rheumatology care. Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant is responsible for providing health care services to rheumatology patients. Enhances and expands the patient care within the medical practice, collaborates with the physician(s) and other clinicians by providing a full scope of patient care. Focus is on preventive health or the management of stable chronic conditions.
- Perform as an advanced practice nurse practitioner; use prescriptive authority, procedures and treatments, in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations and institutional guidelines
- Provide direct outpatient care and serve as a resource for staff and physicians
- Provide comprehensive rheumatology health assessments to treat and manage patient care
- Follow comprehensive plans that include intervention and treatment to attain expected outcomes
- Identify expected outcomes derived from the assessment data and diagnoses and individualize expected outcomes with the patient specific populations and with the health care team when appropriate
- Provide comprehensive clinical coordination of care and case management
We offer an attractive base salary, bonus plan, and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and life insurance, STD/LTD, professional liability, matching 401K, relocation costs.
Las Vegas offers the best in entertainment and cultural options, in addition to being an affordable metropolitan area in which to live. Also, Nevada has no state income tax. Warm weather, 300-plus days of sunshine, championship golf, hiking, skiing, five-star restaurants, endless attractions and entertainment choices are reasons Las Vegas is one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States.
Optum Health is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system. Optum Health helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- National Nurse Practitioner certification or Physician Assistant certification or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Unrestricted, active licensure in the State of Nevada or ability to obtain
- Current DEA license or ability to obtain
- Intermediate level of technical proficiency in the use of computer programs for medical records or internet search for clinical practice
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 1+ years of experience working in a rheumatology clinic setting or SMA internship rotation in lieu of experience
- Proficient in assessment and development of treatment plans
- A background in managed care
- Familiarity with ICD-10 coding
- Ability to communicate with patients, team members and management staff
- Ability to make care decisions based on the best medical practices without direct supervision or guidance by a physician
- Ability to conceptualize the needs for the team or department and actualize plans for implementation
- Empowered to develop plans of action and gain team consensus towards common goals
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Nurse Practitioner, NP, Physician Assistant, PA, Rheumatology, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada