Nurse Practitioner - OptumCare Medical Group - La Palma, CA
Want to make a real difference in the lives you touch? Optum is a physician-led, close-knit team that has been long-respected in Southern California. We are passionate about patients. We are leading the state of California toward better healthcare practices. And we are looking for amazing doctors like you!
We have immediate opportunity for Full-time Nurse Practitioner to join our post-Acute team based in Downey.
- Provide service and care for our patients residing in contracted skilled nursing facilities.
- Meet with patients and complete thorough history and physicals and provide orders for patient care.
- Responsible for rounding on patients while coordinating an effective, safe, and timely discharge of patients to their home.
- Complete all documentation and paperwork in timely manner.
- Collaborate with other practitioners, medical directors, case managers and social workers.
- Communicate with our hospitalist team for any re-admissions to the acute setting as well as primary care physicians at the time of discharge.
- Required to attend bi-weekly SNF rounds and attend JOC meetings at our partnered skilled nursing facilities.
We offer a competitive salary, bonus plan and comprehensive benefit package including medical malpractice coverage, CME time and dollars, medical, dental and vision benefits, company paid life insurance, available supplemental insurance plans and 401K plan.
- Master’s degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification beyond a four-year college.
- Certificate of completion from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program
- Current AANP or ANCC certification required
- Active and unrestricted CA NP license
- Current and unrestricted CA DEA certificate required prior to start date
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision
- Minimum 1 -3 years NP experience; preferably in SNF setting
- Access to transportation, a valid driver’s license, and car insurance
- Require travel to different skilled nursing facilities
- Flexible, solid multi-prioritizing skills and time management skills.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.