Nurse Practitioner Home Visits - San Diego, CA
$40,000 Student Loan Repayment or $20,000 Sign-on Bonus for individuals who have not previously participated in this program.
At Prospero, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, your work will empower people with complex health conditions to live their best life. Whether you’re joining us in a clinical or non-clinical role, your contributions will help patients write their next chapters with joy and dignity. Help us build a new kind of health care that operates by establishing trust as the centerpiece of medical care. We will provide you with career growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits, brilliant coworkers and more to help you redefine what loving care looks like. Join a team of people with a heart for service and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We're fast becoming the nation's largest employer of Nurse Practitioners; offering a superior professional environment and incredible opportunities to make a difference in the lives of patients. This growth is not only a testament to our model's success but the efforts, care, and commitment of our Nurse Practitioners.
Clinical Services positions in Prospero are part of a community-based interdisciplinary care team of home-based medical care providers to support patients facing serious illness, including their families and care givers. What makes your clinical career greater with Prospero? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You can work with in an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
In this role, you will be part of a physician-led interdisciplinary care team to provide primary, palliative care and urgent care to patients in their homes. This is a flexible, team - based role that creates enormous satisfaction for the Practitioner as you impact the care and quality of life of our aging population. All the while, you'll be building meaningful relationships with the patients, and their families.
- Provide high quality home - based primary and palliative care for patients in their homes through telephonic, telemedicine and in-person patient consultations, traveling to patients’ homes to manage their advanced illness
- Lead advance care planning discussions and prognosis with patients
- Partner with physicians and an interdisciplinary team to formulate and update comprehensive care plans that consider the patient’s complex interactions between acute and chronic medical conditions, social, and environmental factors
- Create comprehensive documentation with a focus on clinically relevant information requiring action to improve your patient’s overall health and well-being
- Together with your team, proactively address your patient’s medical and social needs, directly and in collaboration with other primary providers
- Communicate with your patient’s external care team members, at times leading suggestions and changes in the care plan when appropriate to addressing an urgent need
- Co-lead medical discussions at interdisciplinary team meetings in full collaboration with other colleagues from our medical operations team, including nurse care managers, physicians, and subject matter experts
- Perform minor procedures on an as needed basis such as phlebotomy, urinary catheter placement, wound management
- Engage with local community resources to fully support your patients
- Educate patients on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, accountability, and service in your interactions with colleagues
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted NP license in the state of assignment or the ability to obtain or Physician’s Assistant license in the state of assignment
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure / Prescriptive Authority post - hire in states where applicable
- Nurse Practitioner national certification as ANP, FNP, or GNP required
- Clinical background in geriatrics, hospice and palliative medicine, chronic disease management or behavioral health preferred (e.g.,past experience working in a nursing home or with seniors in other settings)
- In-home clinical care experience
- Goals of care conversation experience
- Ability to work and provide high quality patient care in a virtual/telehealth environment
- Computer literate; willing and able to learn new software tools
- Familiarity with market community/geography
- Ability to travel between patient’s homes in assigned territory, daily. Limited overnight stays
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Highly motivated, flexible, and adaptable to working in a dynamic environment
- Solid interpersonal skills in order to communicate and build positive relationships with stakeholders
- Clear, concise, and persuasive verbal and written communication. Must be able to positively interact with other clinicians, senior management, patients and their families, and all levels of medical and non-medical professionals
- Highest level of ethics and integrity
Prospero is transforming the status quo of advanced illness and approaching end-of-life care – we want our patients to live their best lives now, and we advocate for our team members to do the same. We provide equitable opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, neurodiversity, and experiences; and we encourage all team members to come to work as their authentic selves. Supported and informed by Prospero’s interdisciplinary team committed to inclusion and diversity, Prosperity: A Coalition for Change, Prospero continues to grow by offering programs designed specifically for minority groups to guarantee equity within our organization.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** Employees must be in an active regular status. Employees must remain in role for a minimum of 12 months from the date of hire /rehire/transfer. If an employee leaves Home and Community, the student loan repayments will cease. The employee must remain in an Advanced Practice Clinician or Physician role within Home and Community for 36 months to receive the full benefit of the student loan repayments.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.