Home Infusion Nurse Supervisor RN Ft Myers FL
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This Home Infusion Nurse Supervisor position will be based in the Ft Myers, FL Optum Infusion location. The work schedule will be Monday - Friday from 8am - 5pm, with the ability to work later based on business needs. Will be required to participate in the Admin On-call, which will be 1 week (7 days in a row), approximately every 10 - 11 weeks. Will Supervise up to 15 Home Infusion Nurses. Will provide Care Coordination for mostly Chronic patients. May see patients in the Infusion Suite to provide IV Therapy. Must be comfortable using Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word and Teams.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for patient care across mostly Chronic patients
- Receives, evaluates, accepts and executes the initial patient intake process to assure that patient verification, assessment, teaching and ongoing scheduling of nursing services occur in timely manner
- Assures timely communication with other company personnel, and outside providers, physicians and other agencies, to assure the quality and continuity of patient care
- Infuse medications occasionally in patients’ home including monitoring and tracking vital signs, performing procedures such as IV placement, phlebotomy and medication administration via peripheral infusion device or PICC line, implantable port and / or central venous catheters and as ordered by a licensed physician or licensed practitioner
- Assess patient occasionally in home environments and including clinical assessment safety of environment, pain assessment, monitor effectiveness of medication treatment, develop plan of care, education for patients and patient’s family members, including providing care, including but not limited to plan of care / plan of treatment according to state specific regulations and reports accurately and in a timely manner, according to internal and external regulatory requirements
- Maintain collaborative relationships involving agencies delivering services on behalf of / or in conjunction with Optum, including nursing agencies in a contracted relationship, patient, families, significant caregivers and other healthcare team members
- Provide education regarding Optum Health Solutions services for both internal and external customers
- Function as clinical educator and resource
- Participation in the Admin On-call rotation
- Other responsibilities as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active, unrestricted RN license in the state of Florida
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and/or CPR certification, or willing to obtain prior to starting employment
- Graduate of an Accredited Nursing program
- 5+ years of Nursing experience
- Participation in the Admin On-call rotation
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams
- Good communication skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Critical care certification and / or ER certification
- Previous Supervisory experience
- Home Infusion and/or Ambulatory Infusion Suite Therapy experience
- Home Health experience
- Experience using electronic medical records (EMR) programs
- Knowledge and / or experience in HIPAA, OSHA, ACHC or other accrediting bodies
- Good IV skills
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.