Registered Nurse - RN - Field Based - Prescott Arizona
At Prospero, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, your work will empower people with complex health conditions to live their best life. Whether you’re joining us in a clinical or non-clinical role, your contributions will help patients write their next chapters with joy and dignity. Help us build a new kind of health care that operates by establishing trust as the centerpiece of medical care. We will provide you with career growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits, brilliant coworkers and more to help you redefine what loving care looks like. Join a team of people with a heart for service and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Clinical Services positions in Prospero are part of a community-based interdisciplinary care team of home-based medical care providers to support patients facing serious illness, including their families and care givers. What makes your clinical career greater with Prospero? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You can work with in an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
In this role, you will be part of a physician-led interdisciplinary care team to provide primary, palliative care and urgent care to patients in their homes. This is a flexible, team - based role that creates enormous satisfaction for the Registered Nurse as you impact the care and quality of life of our aging population. All the while, you'll be building meaningful relationships with the patients and their families.
- Provide high quality home - based primary and palliative care for patients in their homes through telephonic, telemedicine and in-person patient consultations, traveling to patients’ homes to manage their advanced illness
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to formulate comprehensive care plans that consider patients’ complex interactions between acute and chronic medical conditions plus social and environmental factors
- Coordinate care with the patient’s other doctors, facilities and community care providers
- Have serious illness conversations about disease progression and patient values; lead goals of care discussions and introduce patients to advanced care planning
- Educate patients on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance
- Create comprehensive documentation with a focus on clinically relevant information for future action, not documentation of episode minutiae
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
- Extend care and support with the use of virtual/telehealth tools when in person care is not indicated
- Share triage responsibilities, as part of an after - hours care team support system for patients to prevent unnecessary or avoidable hospitalizations and ED visits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the state of residence
- 2+ years clinical experience as a RN in a hospital, acute care, palliative care, oncology, home health, hospice, or nursing home
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office) and competency with electronic medical records
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary care team to coordinate patient care
- Ability to work and provide high quality patient care in a virtual/telehealth environment
- Ability to travel between patient’s homes in assigned territory, daily. Limited overnight travel
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience in Geriatrics, Hospice and Palliative Medicine, or Behavioral Health (e.g., experience working in a nursing home or with seniors in other settings)
- Highly motivated, flexible and adaptable to working in a dynamic environment; highly reliable
- Solid interpersonal skills to communicate and build positive relationships with patients, families, interdisciplinary team and other stakeholders
- High levels of ethics and integrity
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.