Registered Nurse RN - Long Term Care - Queens or Bronx, NY
$2,500 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
As a Long-term Care Optum Registered Nurse you will function as part of the primary care team, and report to the Clinical Services Manager (CSM). This role works in close collaboration with all of the interdisciplinary team members, and may support multiple providers. The Senior Case Manager is a flexible team member who works under the direction of the Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) and activities are delegated to the Senior Case Manager by the APC or the team Clinical Services Manager (CSM).
- Assist the provider / team with various care coordination activities in the nursing home
- Assist the provider / team with benefit determination associated with Medicare part A, part B, and part D benefits
- Responsible for collaborating with the primary APC and nursing facility to identify and respond to patient Change in Condition
- May assist the provider by completing DSTs, re - assessing the patient, and other activities as delegated by the provider or the CSM
- Assist the provider / team with therapy coordination for members including possible assessments or follow up on requests and communicate and collaborate with APC
- May perform interval check in on patient progress with therapy department
- May participate in facility based therapy discussion meetings
- Schedule and participate in family conferences, team meetings, and team case presentations
- May assist in the coordination of training, tracking and compliance with quality measures
- May participate in the onboarding of new clinical staff under the direction of the CSM Manager which could include coordination of onboarding activities, and participation in other orientation activities
- Participate in facility partnership or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) meetings under the direction of the APC / CSM
- May assist in coordinating CRM meetings, and may participate in and contribute to the meetings
- May assist the team in tracking LearnSource completion for the team members and CSM
- Assist in creating and conduct in - services for selected audiences
- Will document information and activities in the EMR
- May assist Providers in assuring complete and accurate documentation and coding, medication reconciliation, nursing rounds, assessment and patient documentation.
- Assist the team / providers in prioritizing advance Care Planning and initiating discussions
- Collaborates with all key stakeholders; providers, nursing homes, PCPs, families, interdisciplinary care teams and any other identified stakeholders
- Review the chart and enter HEDIS / Quality information into the EMR, communicate gaps to the Provider
- May write verbal orders from Provider in the chart in compliance with the state RN practice laws, and in compliance with individual nursing facility practices
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current unrestricted Registered Nurse license in the state of New York
- 1+ years of experience in post - acute care, such as long term care
- 1+ years of experience working with the geriatric population
- 1+ years of experience with using an Electronic Medical Record
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelors degree
- Experience conducting in - services
- Familiarity with Medicare part A, part B, and part D benefits
- Familiarity with the long term care business environment
- Basic Microsoft Office skills with the ability to navigate in a Window's environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.