Quality Risk Adjustment (QRA) Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - WellMed - El Paso, TX
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Quality Risk Adjustment (QRA) Nurse Practitioner in the Practice Support Unit works in the contracted primary care markets to support quality risk adjustment coding and screening needs. Patients may be seen in a clinic, long term care facility or in the patient’s home as part of a collaborative team that may include, but is not limited to, Family Practice and/or Internal Medicine Physicians, RN Case Managers, and clinic staff. The purpose of this collaborative team is to provide a comprehensive, coordinated model of care to a mostly Medicare-aged population in either the outpatient and/or inpatient setting. The nurse practitioner may assist with new PCP onboarding and training to the QRA medical model as well as provide insight into trending the support needs of the practice thereafter. The NP performance will be tracked and comparatively reported using metrics related to the strategic direction and operational needs of the organization.
- The NP is expected to be able to provide care consistent with their licensure and/or certification
- Diagnoses and treats both acute and chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, kidney disease and other chronic medical conditions
- The NP will also treat acute conditions such as minor injuries and other acute medical conditions such as infections or exacerbations of chronic diseases
- Orders and interprets diagnostic lab work, x-rays, EKG
- Prescribes medications and other modalities of treatment as needed to treat those conditions listed above
- Counsels patients on various disease conditions they may be treating to ensure that the patient is educated to their disease process, treatment, and expected outcomes
- Works as an integral part of a comprehensive and collaborative team in order to provide quality evidenced-based care to our patients
- Identify barriers to accessing care and medication adherence and utilize available resources to assist patient compliance
- Participate in wellness launches and community events
- Provide coverage in WellMed owned primary care clinics when necessary
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Masters of Science in Nursing OR Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Current Licensure through the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners OR Licensed Physician Assistant by the Texas State Medical Board
- Current prescriptive authority from the Texas Board of Nursing OR Current prescriptive authority from the Texas State Medical Board
- Valid DEA license
- 18+ months of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant
- Comfortable managing a primarily Medicare-aged patient population
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees and maintain relationships with various health plans
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.