Outpatient Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Optum - Kissimmee, FL
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position will join an established team of physicians and APCs in Kissimmee. The Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) practices in a clinic as part of a collaborative team that may include, but is not limited to, Family Practice and/or Internal Medicine Physicians, RN Case Managers, and clinic staff. The purpose of this collaborative team is to provide a comprehensive, coordinated model of care to a mostly Medicare-aged population. The NP or PA primarily manages the geriatric-aged population either in the presence of, or in conjunction with the primary care physician and/or specialist. Unless specified, most NP or PA positions are outpatient. The NP or PA acts as an extension of the primary care physician to provide both chronic and acute care to our patients. The NP or PA performance will be tracked and comparatively reported using metrics related to the strategic direction and operational needs of the organization.
- The NP or PA is expected to be able to provide care consistent with their licensure and/or certification
- Diagnoses and treats both acute and chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, kidney disease and other chronic medical conditions. The NP or PA will also treat acute conditions such as minor injuries and other acute medical conditions such as infections or exacerbations of chronic diseases
- Orders and interprets diagnostic lab work, x-rays, EKG
- Prescribes medications and other modalities of treatment as needed to treat those conditions listed above
- Counsels patients on various disease conditions they may be treating to ensure that the patient is educated to their disease process, treatment, and expected outcomes
- Works as an integral part of a comprehensive and collaborative team in order to provide quality evidenced-based care to our patients
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s of Science in Nursing OR Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Current Licensure through the Florida Board of Nurse Examiners OR Licensed Physician Assistant by the Florida State Medical Board
- Current prescriptive authority from the Florida Board of Nursing OR Current prescriptive authority from the Florida State Medical Board
- Valid DEA license
- 18+ months of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant
- Experience comfortably managing a primarily Medicare-aged patient population
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency
- Proven ability to communicate with all level of employees and maintain relationships with various health plans
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.