Clinic Nurse - Optum Clinic at Winter Park
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Under the direction of the Provider, the Clinic Nurse provides direct patient care in accordance with Company protocols, established standards of nursing practice, and the FL Nurse Practice Act. Promptly screens patients with signs or symptoms of illness. Works with the clinical team for appropriate treatment, plan of care and disposition. Ensures patient monitoring and follow up. The Clinic Nurse reports to the Center Administrator.
- Contributes to and supports the corporation's quality initiatives by planning, communicating and encouraging team and individual. Maintains a strong focus on quality and continuous improvement within job scope
- Maintains an active nursing appointment schedule for assisting the Provider in the monitoring of members’ health care needs. Assists the Care Manager and Provider in the follow-up management of post-hospitalized or post-emergency room visits
- Comprehensively screens patients for care opportunities and collaborates with treating physician to develop care plans that meet patients’ needs and result in appropriate quality care
- Provides condition specific patient education and anticipatory guidance, as well as care coordination, under the guidance of the Provider
- Provides health teaching
- Provides direct nursing care, comfort measures, emotional support to patients
- Performs selected IV therapy and administers prescribed treatment per Provider order
- Maintains clinical documentation within the medical records assuring compliance within all guidelines. Documents all interventions, responses, and outcomes
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate, GED or equivalent
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross) or the ability to obtain within 90 days of employment:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Science
- Valid Florida RN license
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 2+ years of experience in Med-Surg, ER, ICU, Acute Care
- Experience with electronic health records (EHR)
- Experience in MS Office
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.