Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner - Optum NV - Las Vegas, NV
$15K Sign On Bonus for External Candidates!
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are currently seeking a Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner to join our team in Las Vegas.
In this position you will provide nursing assessment and care to maximize the comfort, health and understanding of patients with serious illness and their families in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan of care. You will work under the direction of the Hospice Medical Director. You will assist in developing a comprehensive plan of care and provide direct care to patients in their homes and/or skilled nursing facilities, as well as see patients in the acute setting. You will work with other caring, health professionals and the Medical Director to determine the best overall care for patients with chronic illness and for patients with terminal illness (prognosis of 6 months or less). You will also provide emotional support for patients and the families in your care, as well as educate physicians, patients and families about Hospice and Palliative Care.
- Perform face-to-face evaluations
- Make visits to patients at home, hospital and skilled nursing facilities
- Perform Palliative Care consults, including assessing and treating symptoms, collaboratively communicating with other members of the patient’s health care team, and initiating goals of care discussions with patients and families, under the guidance of Palliative Care Clinical Services Director and the Medical Director Assist RN’s with Case Management when needed
- Provide guidance to nursing personnel towards treatment plans and care issues
- Document treatment plans in the medical record
- Document collaborative communication with health care/Hospice team
- Attend, contribute, and accept guidance from Palliative Care weekly IDT meeting
- Coordinate care with the patient and family/caregivers
- Use computers and other technology to search and document within medical records, and to pursue greater knowledge base over time
- Ability to communicate with patients, families, primary care team members and management staff about terminal care and advanced illness
- Ability to make care decisions based on best medical practices in specialty area of practice without direct supervision or guidance by a physician
- Ability to formulate a differential diagnosis
- Knowledge of hospice regulations and working within them
- Ability to work independently, with self-imposed structure
- Master of Science degree in Nursing
- Active, unrestricted APRN license in Nevada or ability to obtain
- 1+ years of Experience as an NP, with Palliative Care or Hospice experience preferred
- DEA license or ability to obtain
- National Nurse Practitioner certification in Palliative Care, Family Medicine, Adult Medicine or Gerontology or ability to obtain
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work experience in hospice, palliative care, acute care, oncology, ambulatory care and/or pain management
- Knowledge of end of life care, including advanced care planning, pain and symptom control of the terminally ill and bereavement care issues
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
Do you want to be part of something better?
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.