Call Center Nurse RN - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The OPTUM Triage team operates 24/7. We have full-time positions available. Holidays and weekends are required on a rotating basis. Training is mandatory and for 2 weeks, Monday through Friday. Training is a hybrid program of (remote) instructor led training and self-paced computer-based learning. Must be highly organized, self-directed worker with an ability to function in high volume, fast-paced environment.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assesses and triages immediate health concerns
- Provides concise, appropriate, and safe nursing guidance
- Identifies problems or gaps in care, offering opportunity for intervention, and ER diversion as appropriate
- Monitors patient health status via remote patient monitoring on multiple platforms
- Communicates with patients, and respective members of the healthcare team regularly
- Engages with fellow teammates, and leadership via multiple communication platforms
- Provides health education and coaches consumers on available care options
- Documents all patient interactions via multiple EMR and tracking platforms
- Special projects, initiatives, and other job duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Unencumbered compact/multi-state RN license for the state in which you reside
- 2+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- Proficient level of experience with Microsoft Office applications, and solid technical aptitude
- Able and willing to obtain additional state RN licensure as requested
- Ability to work day shift hours based on business need
- Ability to work evening hours based on business needs
- Ability to work overnight hours based on business needs
- Ability to work one weekend shift each week
- Ability to work rotating holidays
- Ability to work Monday - Friday during daytime hours 9:00am - 5:00pm EST for the first 2 weeks for training
- Dedicated, private, distraction free space in home for home office
- Access to high-speed internet (DSL/Cable/Fiber Optic)
- Washington state RN licensure
- New York state RN licensure
- Massachusetts RN licensure
- Proficiency with EPIC
- Customer service experience
- Experience in a telephonic role
- Highly organized, self-directed worker with an ability to function in high volume, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated solid verbal and written communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $26.15 to $46.63. The hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $28.85 to $51.30. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.