Nurse Practitioner - Breast Care
Serving millions of patients, OptumCare is the nation's largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. We're also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who are eager to bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day. Join us and you'll discover a chance to build meaningful relationships with the patients, their families and the health care providers who are responsible for their care.
At OptumCare Breast Care, we strive to create a home for breast health, offering comprehensive, coordinated, and multi-disciplinary care. We tailor treatments to suit each patient’s unique needs. The Breast Care program has been recognized as a Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence, which is the highest level of recognition available from the National Quality Measure for Breast Centers. We are committed to providing high-quality, comprehensive breast care in a patient-centered setting.
- Perform the Clinical Breast Exam (CBE)
- Offer educational information about breast health and breast disease
- Provide same day imaging results to patients and help to prepare them for their next step if needed (i.e. biopsy, MRI)
- Work with the Breast Care team to assist the patient with surgical consultation and emotional support when needed
- Help to ensure that all patients receive the care that is needed in a timely manner
- Document treatment plans in the medical record
- Collaborate with physician and document physician guidance as needed
- Coordinate care for patients
- Exposure to patients with potential infectious disease
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Board certified through AANP or ANCC as an NP
- 1+ yrs. NP Women's Health setting or NP Oncology experience
- Active, unrestricted NP licensure in Nevada or ability to obtain
- DEA or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Facile working knowledge of breast imaging, BIRADS scoring, and general breast health
- Intermediate level of technical proficiency in the use of computer programs for medical records or Internet search for clinical practice
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Ability to formulate a differential diagnosis
- Ability to complete clinical care lifting in a provider office environment
- Proficient in assessment and development of treatment plans
- Ability to conceptualize the needs for the team or department and actualize plans for implementation
- Ability to develop plans of action and gain team consensus towards common goals
- A background in managed care
- Familiarity with ICD - 10 coding
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.