RN Rheumatology - Infusion - Albuquerque, NM
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
RN in the Rheumatology Infusion Center under the general supervision of the Rheumatology clinician is responsible for the nursing management of patients receiving infusion medications or biologics, fluids etc. Provides direct patient care, consults with clinicians and other nurses, sets clinical standards and provides patient education. Acts as liaison between patient/clinician and other departments. Participates in ordering medications. Adheres to policies, procedures, and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety. Participation in Compliance and other important training is a condition of employment.
- Manages the patient care process by ensuring that a comprehensive patient assessment and plan of care is completed and documented on all patients within the time frame of the established policy
- May manage staff members, assesses the needs of patients, and delegates tasks appropriately
- Establishes collaborative relationships with members of the healthcare team, particularly pharmacy, and facilitates the generation of ideas for improvement of patient care and functioning of the unit
- Performs nursing patient assessment prior to each infusion and throughout procedure
- Monitors patient during infusion, observing for adverse reaction
- Completes assessment and management of venous access, any port devices or IV Pumps including complications if needed
- Follows procedures related to the verification of orders and products when administering medications
- Demonstrates ability to carry out skills as outlined in nursing procedures for clinical areas worked including administration of prescribed medications & treatments in accordance with nursing standards and clinic policy
- Participates and attends departmental meetings and professional development activities
- Demonstrates quality improvement, facilitating the generation of ideas for improvement of patient care and functioning of the unit
- Responsible for completing basic RN competencies in addition to departmental specific competencies
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate’s Degree or Diploma of Nursing
- Current BLS Certification
- Valid NM RN License or valid multi-state compact license or eligible for licensure by examination
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) current or within 6 months date of hire
- 1+ years of equivalent experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Ability to maintain strict patient confidentiality
- Management skills
- Solid organization and problem solving skills
- Works well in a team setting
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.