Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Psychiatric - Warwick, RI
$20,000 Sign-on Bonus or $40,000 Student Loan repayment for external candidates
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
In this role, you will represent Optum as you provide consultative behavioral health to primary care provider serving patients in long term care settings. You’ll interact closely with the facility staff and providers throughout the community; educating, building relationships and showing leadership in how to best address the complex needs of the patient and family. This is a flexible, autonomous role that creates enormous satisfaction as you impact the care and comfort of our aging population.
- No weekends, No major holidays
- No on call
- Team focus on patient goals of care, non-pharmacological approach
- Team focus on education
- Manage behavioral conditions in collaboration with social workers, psychiatrist and Medical providers
- Perform comprehensive behavioral health assessments
- Document findings consistent with Optum and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations
- Facilitate agreement and implementation of the member’s plan of care by engaging the care team
- Evaluate the effectiveness, necessity, and efficiency of the plan, making revisions as needed
- Assures that the aligns with the member’s needs and wishes
- Coordinate care as member’s transition through different levels of care and care settings
- Includes the expertise of social work and other disciplines in care plan
- Assess the needs of members and families while facilitating any adjustments to the plan of care as situations and conditions change
- Evaluate plan of care for cost effectiveness while meeting the needs of members, families, and providers to decreases high costs, poor outcomes and unnecessary hospitalization
- Exhibit original thinking and creativity in the development of new and improved methods and approaches to behavioral health in the LTC setting
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted NP or PA license in the state of assignment or the ability to obtain
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure/Prescriptive Authority post-hire in states where applicable
- Clinical background and national certification as ANP, FNP, GNP or PA-C required or the ability to obtain
- Possess a valid Driver’s License with the ability to travel between nursing homes and/or care settings
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- PMHNP (Psychiatric- Mental Health Nurse Practitioner) License
- 1+ years of experience in a long-term care setting or community setting
- Post-grad hands-on clinical experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.