Nurse Practitioner - Wellness Visits - Long Beach
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work. (sm)
Optum is a physician-led, close-knit team that has been long-respected in Southern California. We are passionate about patients. We are leading the state of California toward better healthcare practices. And we are looking for amazing Clinicians like you!
As part of our continued growth, we are recruiting for Nurse Practitioner to join our Risk Assessment and Documentation Team in the Downey community.
- Region: Los Angeles County: East Los Angeles to Lynwood, Montebello to Long Beach community
- Schedule: Monday – Friday
- Introduce the member’s medical group, Optum California, and the Welcome Wagon program to members, family members and caregivers
- Counsel and educate patient and families regarding health plan benefits, health plan network and other programs and tools available to help improve quality of lifestyle
- Conduct assessments and annual wellness exams with patient (home setting or virtual). Document chief complaint, previous medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examination, assessment, and appropriate plan of care. Responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services
- Complete all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner. Maintain quality of care standards as defined by the medical group
- Identifies members needs and any gaps of care; provide recommendation of benefits/ programs associated with member’s health plan and guide members appropriately
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification beyond a four-year college
- Certificate of completion from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program
- Current AANP certification required
- Active and unrestricted CA NP license
- Current and unrestricted CA DEA certificate required prior to start date
- Access to transportation, a valid driver’s license, and car insurance
- Comfortable visiting senior members in home setting and/or conducting virtual visits
- Required travel to conduct home visits
- Position requires considerable driving in designated community
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Minimum 1-2 years NP experience; preferably in outpatient/managed care setting
- Working knowledge of managed care, health plans, medical groups, IPA networks
- Flexible, multi-prioritizing skills and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
We’re changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high-quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus, and the ability to contribute effectively to a highly collaborative team environment. All this together is your time to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.