RN Telehealth, Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Responsible for providing moderately complex telephonic nursing assessment, evaluation and advice to patients through the use of established and approved telehealth protocols with physician oversight.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
No out of state candidate. Seeking Orange County/Los Angeles Cty areas
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optum’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Performs comprehensive telephonic patient assessment, evaluation and advice while meeting production standards
- Follows established clinical protocols/guidelines and provides appropriate patient instructions
- Directs patient to appropriate levels of care based on assessment within Optum’s guidelines
- Documents authorizations for vendors and/or outside services as appropriate
- Instructs patients on procedural preparations
- Documents and maintains records of telephonic interactions
- Completes medical documentation of telephonic assessment and disposition in Telehealth Record
- Notifies pharmacies of new prescriptions and authorizations of refills as ordered by the clinician or via pharmacy protocols
- Translates oral information into concise and accurate written documentation using standard medical guidelines and abbreviations
- Manages own work queues
- Recognizes financial, medical and legal risks based on data collected during customer interactions and follows appropriate procedures
- Expedites emergency calls as needed
- Accesses Language Line for non-English patients as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Active, unrestricted Registered Nurse license through the State of California
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- BLS and ACLS certification
- PALS certification or ability to obtain within the first six months of hire
- ESI (Emergency Severity Index) Certification within 30 days of hire
- Telehealth certification
- 2+ years of experience working as a Registered Nurse
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $26.15 to $46.63. The hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $28.85 to $51.30. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.