Part Time Home Infusion Nurse
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group is seeking talented individuals for our Home Infusion RN opportunities. We are delivering specialized infusion therapy services in patient homes and ambulatory infusion suites. Our elite team of Infusion Nurses is growing and we want YOU to join this dynamic and exciting group. Enjoy a flexible opportunity while providing compassionate and highly skilled care to patients.
- Competitive compensation
- Mileage reimbursement
- One-to-one patient care and teaching
- The satisfaction that comes with knowing your care allows a patient to heal at home!
- The Home Infusion RN fills an integral role in the clinical operations of the organization, working collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to ensure infusion therapy can be safely and effectively administered to each home-based patient.
**RNs will be asked to provide schedule availability on a regular basis, and expected to work those days indicated as available unless otherwise called off duty **
Must be able to work at least 20 hours per week. Participation in the On-call rotation is required, which will be 1 week of Telephone triage approximately every 8 - 12 weeks. Must be willing to cover Auburn, Opelika, Tallassee and Eclectic, AL, and other surrounding cities as needed. Must have a current Compact State RN License, or be willing to obtain immediately after employment. Must have very good IV skills. Must be flexible to work weekdays, evenings, and weekends. Will see Acute and Chronic patients, needing IV Therapy.
- Travel to provide skilled nursing care for infusion patients in their home or an ambulatory infusion suite
- Teach patients and their care givers to achieve the highest level of independence possible in self-care and monitoring of their infusion therapy
- Assess the patients’ condition and response to therapy, taking action as needed to facilitate achievement of treatment goals
- Collaborate with physicians and pharmacists on the patient plan of care and treatment, communicating status changes and implementing new orders as received
- Establish trust and build therapeutically effective relationships with patients and their families
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active and unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state(s) of practice and others as requested
- Current Compact State RN License, or willing to obtain immediately after employment
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and/or CPR certification, or willing to obtain prior to starting employment
- 1+ years of experience working as an RN in a clinical care setting that contributes to proficiency in infusion therapy (such as medical surgical unit, emergency department, intensive care unit, post-anesthesia care unit, or similar setting)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Willing and able to work independently in home or alternate-site settings
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable travel to customer and/or patient sites
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience administering infusion therapy in a home or alternate-site setting
- Knowledge of the Infusion Nursing Society (INS) standards of practice, policies, and procedures
- Knowledgeable of HIPAA patient privacy and data security requirements, OSHA employee protection regulations, and The Joint Commission’s accreditation standards for home health and home infusion pharmacy (or other relevant accrediting organizations)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.