RN Oncology Manager - Everett, WA 10K Sign-On Bonus
**PLEASE NOTE** The $10k Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The RN Oncology Manager functions as an integral member of the team and under minimal supervision, organizes, manages and directs the operation of the clinic/department, assuring the continuity and quality of patient care by following appropriate clinic/department protocols and the supervision and evaluation of staff.
- Oversees delivery of nursing services and actively works with all members of the department health care team to manage patient care, ensuring quality and safety of nursing care and smooth patient flow within department. Collaborates with leadership and other business functions in enhancements to clinical care model and operational flow
- Provides regular performance feedback and conducts performance appraisals. Monitors skill development and performance of the staff. Directs the work of staff, including supervision, hiring, and terminations; determine staffing needs, and ensure efficient utilization of staff and resources
- Develops clinical policy and procedures in conjunction with education and training department. Assists with development of protocols and other related written resource materials appropriate to the needs of the nursing manager’s area of responsibility
- Meets regularly with leadership. Performs other duties including assisting in budget preparation and resolving variances, researching and resolving patient complaints with staff
- Assists in conducting clinical staff meetings. Researches and resolves clinical quality issues
- Performs additional duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing
- 2+years of current Oncology clinical experience including knowledge of professional theory, chemotherapy/biotherapy administration and practice to give and evaluate patient care
- 2+ years of leadership experience (lead, supervisor and above) in a clinical setting or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Current Registered Nurse license in Washington State
- Current Basic Life Support for Providers, by American Heart Association (AHA)- (100% online certification is not acceptable)
- Intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Suite
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master's degree or demonstrated equivalent experience
- ONS chemotherapy/biotherapy card
- Ambulatory care experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.