New Graduate Nurse at Barnes-Jewish Hospital
The BJC HealthCare New Graduate Nurse position is available for all student nurses - regardless of graduation date - and will connect students directly to our Graduate Nurse recruitment team, who is committed to helping new graduates navigate the Staff Nurse application process. Qualified students who apply to this position are eligible to receive career opportunities at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and across all BJC HealthCare hospitals and nursing specialties. These include:
BJC HealthCare Hospital:
Labor & Delivery/Women’s Health
- $12,500 Sign-On Bonus
- BSN Differential
- Benefits Eligible
- Student-Loan Repayment Eligible at Select Hospital
- Tuition Assistance
- Nurse Residency Programs Available at Select Hospitals
Do you have questions about your options as nurse?
Connect with our Campus + University Relations Team by emailing us at CampusRecruit@bjc.org.
Not sure if you're ready to apply but want to stay connected? Submit your contact information here:
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is the St. Louis region's top adult hospital. Formed from the merger of the former Barnes and Jewish Hospitals to become Missouri's largest hospital, it continues the traditions of its predecessors along with its partner, Washington University School of Medicine, in providing cutting-edge treatments, educating future medical professionals and working to make our community as healthy as it can be.
For over two decades Barnes-Jewish Hospital has been ranked on the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals Honor Roll. In 2022, Barnes-Jewish ranked 11th in the U.S., with 11 specialties being ranked nationally. The hospital was also the first hospital in Missouri to be designated as a Magnet hospital in 2003 by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in nursing and has been re-designated consistently since.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is a teaching hospital staffed by more than 1,500 Washington University Physicians, the clinical practice for the Washington University School of Medicine. The academic medicine partnership has developed many treatments and procedures that are now common across the globe. We continue to combine science and medicine to tackle some of the toughest diseases while educating future physicians.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is also a safety net hospital for the city of St. Louis when it comes to caring for the under-served and under-insured. For many in our community, the hospital is the only medical care to which they have access, and they are cared for by some of the country's best doctors and nurses. We also serve an incredibly diverse population, including caring for patients from around the world in over 100 different languages, and conducting a wide range of community health education programs in the St. Louis metropolitan area throughout the year.
The Graduate Nurse provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care after completing a nursing program and before licensure. Will be required to obtain licensure within 90 days of graduation from an accredited school of nursing to remain employed in a HSO in the state of Missouri.
- Educates patients and their families on how to manage their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration.
- Uses critical thinking skills to assess and evaluate patient's physical, psychosocial and emotional needs.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care. Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment.
- Evaluates patient's response and modifies plan of care accordingly throughout the patient's stay.
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's - Nursing
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer