New Graduate Nurse at St. Louis Children's Hospital
Additional Information About the Role
The BJC HealthCare New Graduate Nurse position is available for all student nurses - regardless of graduation date - and will connect students directly to our Graduate Nurse recruitment team, who is committed to helping new graduates navigate the Staff Nurse application process. Qualified students who apply to this position are eligible to receive career opportunities at St. Louis Children's Hospital and across all BJC HealthCare hospitals and nursing specialties. These include:
BJC HealthCare Hospital:
Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
Missouri Baptist Medical Center
Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital
Labor & Delivery/Women’s Health
- $12,500 Sign-On Bonus
- BSN Differential
- Benefits Eligible
- Student-Loan Repayment Eligible at Select Hospital
- Tuition Assistance
- Nurse Residency Programs Available at Select Hospitals
Do you have questions about your options as student nurse?
Connect with our Campus + University Relations Team by emailing us at CampusRecruit@bjc.org.
Not sure if you're ready to apply but want to stay connected? Submit your contact information here:
St. Louis Children’s Hospital is dedicated to improving the health and lives of children. As one of the top-ranked children’s hospitals in the country, St. Louis Children’s provides care in more than 50 specialty areas through a dedicated team of physicians, nurses, staff and volunteers. Along with inpatient and outpatient medical care, the hospital offers education, wellness and injury-prevention programs to fulfill its mission to “do what’s right for kids.”
Providing comprehensive, high-quality care and serving as an advocate for children has been St. Louis Children’s commitment since its inception in 1879. Today, the hospital serves patients and families across a 300-mile service area, and has seen patients from all 50 states and more than 80 countries.
St. Louis Children’s consistently ranks among America’s Best Children’s Hospitals by U.S.News & World Report in all surveyed categories. In 2021, St. Louis Children’s was one of eight children’s hospitals to rank in the top 25 of all 10 specialties. The hospital’s academic and physician partner, Washington University School of Medicine, is one of the top-ranked medical schools in the United States. Since 2005, St. Louis Children’s has been designated as a Magnet® hospital for nursing excellence from the American Nurses Credentialing Center® (ANCC).
The Graduate Nurse provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care after completing a nursing program and before licensure. Will be required to obtain licensure within 90 days of graduation from an accredited school of nursing to remain employed in a HSO in the state of Missouri.
- Educates patients and their families on how to manage their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration.
- Uses critical thinking skills to assess and evaluate patient's physical, psychosocial and emotional needs.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care. Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment.
- Evaluates patient's response and modifies plan of care accordingly throughout the patient's stay.
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's - Nursing
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer