PRN Telemetry - Progressive Care Unit Registered Nurse
Additional Information About the Role
- Day or Night PRN Role available
- This unit WILL ADVANCE YOUR CAREER!
- This unit is the PERFECT floor to get exposure to all types of illnesses:
- surgical patients
- stroke patients requiring telemetry monitoring
- heart patients
- Congestive heart failures
- COPD patients
- You will be exposed to wonderful disciplines in nursing
- Excellent opportunity for growth!!
- Telemetry Unit
- Excellent opportunity to become Stroke Certified
- Excellent Training available
- Up to a $15,000 Sign-On Bonus
- 12 Hour Shifts 7:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m
- 2 shifts per 6 week period (potential for bonus for extra shifts)
[Register to View] " width="139" alt="icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=96733&hashed=-[Register to View] " />
Christian Hospital is a full-service acute care community hospital located on 28 acres in north St. Louis County. Christian Hospital is noted for its excellence in heart services and lifesaving cardiothoracic surgery, emergency medicine, breast health services, orthopedic/spine surgery, hyperbaric wound care, pain management, vascular surgery, endocrinology, gastrointestinal care, stroke care, nephrology, therapy, radiology, urology, pulmonary care and treating sleep disorders.
Northwest HealthCare, located six miles west of Christian Hospital, provides the community 24-hour emergency care, with Washington University Physicians and St. Louis Children’s Hospital providing pediatric services. Northwest HealthCare is also home to the Sleep Disorders Center and a variety of full-service outpatient diagnostic and imaging services in a convenient setting.
Progressive Care Unit is a 40 bed unit dedicated primarily to the cardiac and pulmonary patient populations.� Unit has the ability to provide cardiac monitoring for all patients on the floor.� The unit is located on the 7th floor and has a� ten-bed Respiratory Care Unit for individuals with choric lung illnesses.� Progressive Care Unit is staffed by RN's, PCAs and clerical associates.
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care.
ResponsibilitiesPromotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Educates patients and their families on how to manage their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration.Uses critical nursing skills to assess and evaluate patient's physical, psychosocial and emotional needs.Develops and implements individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care.Evaluates patient's response and modifies plan of care accordingly throughout the patient's stay.Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
EducationNursing Diploma/Associate's - Nursing
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsRN
EducationBachelor's Degree - Nursing
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer