Neuro Medicine & Surgery Student Nurse Tech-PRN
Additional Information About the Role
- Currently enrolled in a BSN School of Nursing and have completed one (1) semester of a fundamental medical/surgical clinical
- 2 shifts every six weeks
- Days: 7:00am-7:30pm
- Holiday Rotation
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Provides multi-skilled, direct patient care, under the direction and supervision of a registered professional nurse.
ResponsibilitiesAssists nurse with patient and family education. Documents all patient care activities provided with correct medical terminology. Acts as 1:1 patient safety sitter as necessary.Ensures availability of supplies and equipment to meet each patient's needs.Implements direct patient care under the supervision of the nursing team.Collects clinical data and information on patients and reports abnormal findings to the nurse.Instructs patients in preparations for tests and procedures.
EducationEnrolled-accredited RN program
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
EducationEnrolled-accredited BSN prg
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to http://www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer