Registered Nurse GI GU
Additional Information About the Role
- We are a 38 bed surgical unit with the goal of providing excellent care to all of our patients. Working on this unit RNs have the ability to work side by side with some of the most innovative surgeons in the region. BJC’s Gastroenterology & GI Surgery is ranked #20 by US News.
We care for a diverse population of patients needing Colorectal and Urology surgery. Patient ages range from teenagers to over 90 years old. We are leaders in providing Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) care.
- Sign on Bonus up to $15,000.00
- ADN Candidates can be considered; but must have 2 years of inpatient experience
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
GI/GU Service is consistently ranked in the top 20 in the nation by U.S. News & World Reports. We care for a diverse population of patients needing colorectal and urology surgery. We are leaders in providing Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) care. Our surgeons are leading the way in refining surgical procedures and non-operative techniques, to reduce pain, complications, and to improve outcomes. We are a 38 bed surgical unit with a goal of providing excellent care to all of our patients. Our average nurse to patient ratio is 1:4. We offer a knowledgeable staff willing to assist you with your learning process during orientation and beyond, and a learning environment to help you grow in knowledge, skills, and confidence.
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care.
ResponsibilitiesPromotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Educates patients and their families on how to manage their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration.Uses critical nursing skills to assess and evaluate patient's physical, psychosocial and emotional needs.Develops and implements individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care.Evaluates patient's response and modifies plan of care accordingly throughout the patient's stay.Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
EducationNursing Diploma/Associate's - Nursing
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsRN
EducationBachelor's Degree - Nursing
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to http://www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer