Trauma RN Weekend Option
Additional Information About the Role
- The Trauma Department at Barnes-Jewish Hospital is the busiest Level 1 Trauma Center in the State of Missouri, treating over 14,500 trauma patients each year. We are nationally recognized for the comprehensive care provided by our multidisciplinary team.
- Divisions 6400 & 6500 are a combined trauma, geriatric trauma, and acute care surgery nursing division. We have a combined bed capacity of 63 patients. Our nurses specialize in the care of patients who have experienced a variety of traumatic injuries including motor vehicle accidents, gunshot wounds, stab injuries, traumatic amputations, fall injuries, burns, fractures, spinal cord injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
- We also provide care to acute care surgery patients, which are patients who are admitted oftentimes from the emergency department with diagnoses such as small bowel obstruction, acute hernia, appendicitis, etc.
- $15,000 Sign on
- Weekend Option Nights
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The Surgical Services Department provides pre-op and post-op inpatient care to those patients undergoing specialty surgical procedures in the areas of abdominal solid organ transplant, vascular surgery, hepatobiliary, trauma, ear-nose and throat, orthopedic, colo-rectal, urology and other general surgical procedures.? Inpatient care in this department focuses on pre-op needs, post-op care and treatment after phase I recovery through discharge from an inpatient nursing division. The department's surgical observation unit and ICU provide intensive care and treatment to those post-op or post-traumatic patients whose condition requires treatment at this level.
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care.
ResponsibilitiesPromotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Educates patients and their families on how to manage their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration.Uses critical nursing skills to assess and evaluate patient's physical, psychosocial and emotional needs.Develops and implements individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care.Evaluates patient's response and modifies plan of care accordingly throughout the patient's stay.Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
EducationNursing Diploma/Associate's - Nursing
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsRN
EducationBachelor's Degree - Nursing
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to http://www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer