$10,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical part of OptumCare is a multi - specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients’ compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Southwest Medical Associates is part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
Southwest Medical Hospice is seeking knowledgeable, compassionate RNs to provide direct care to hospice patients in their homes or facilities. As a hospice nurse, you would work with other healthcare professionals to determine the best overall care for terminal patients. Additionally, you would provide emotional support to the patients' families. These positions offer potential for growth, a friendly staff and an opportunity to interact with patients and their families on a more personal level.
The Hospice RN will be responsible for identifying patient / family needs and for providing supportive care, coordinating the case among the Interdisciplinary Group team in accordance with the plan of care in order to maximize the comfort and health of patients and families. As a hospice RN, you will be responsible for overseeing and participating in day-to-day clinical care of terminal patients and their families. You will also be responsible for clinical care and medical management activities across the continuum of care (assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating) as it relates to end of life palliative care.
- Coordinate with the RN manager to assure the client driven plan of care that strives to meet positive outcomes through ongoing evaluation using evidenced based practice
- Making certain that hospice care provided is compliant with state and federal regulations (documentation and delivered) through participation in chart review and following established process
- Participation in orientation, ongoing education programs and successful completion of competency requirements
- Providing services that are congruent with the policies of Southwest Medical Hospice within the scope of professional nursing practice as defined within the Nurse Practice Act
- Provide services to meet both internal and external customers' expectations
- Ensure hospice care is provided in accordance with agency and company Corporate Compliance Program
- Other responsibilities as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current and unrestricted NV RN license or temporary NV RN license with the ability to obtain permanent NV RN license upon expiration of temporary NV RN license
- Willing to travel within the Las Vegas area into patients' home or facilities to provide comfort care and pain management
- Ability to participate in weekend and / or after hours care of hospice patients as needed
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in community health, critical care, oncology, HIV / AIDS, advanced illness or medical surgical patient care setting
- Hospice experience (preferably in home hospice agency)
- Knowledge of professional standards of care and laws and regulations applicable to hospice services
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $27.07 to $53.08. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.