LVN Case Manager
**$2,500 Sign-on Bonus for external candidates**
TThis position is full-time with excellent hourly compensation, benefits within 30 days that include PTO, paid holidays, annual bonus potential, annual reviews and tuition reimbursement along with opportunities for continued career progression! All clinical licensures and required CEU costs are covered.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The LVN Healthcare Case Manager is responsible for successfully supporting patients with stable chronic health conditions to navigate the healthcare system. Assists in developing patient empowerment by acting as an educator, resource and advocate for patients and their families to ensure a maximum quality of life. Interacts and collaborates with multidisciplinary care teams, to include physicians, nurses, pharmacists, laboratory technologists, social workers, and other educators. You will work in a less structured, self-directed environment.
- Works with the providers and clinic staff to identify patients with chronic disease diagnoses
- Perform focused assessment of chronic care conditions
- Perform medication reconciliation
- Provide patient education using standardized, approved educational materials
- Creates referrals to appropriate agencies and resources
- Supports transition of the patient with stable chronic care conditions from inpatient to outpatient setting
- Perform focused assessment of transitional needs
- Medication reconciliation
- Contingency planning
- Assist with post discharge needs such as prescriptions, transportation, Durable Medical Equipment (DME), appointments
- Notifies providers and/or supervising RN of changes to patient’s health condition
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current unrestricted Texas LVN license or compact license
- 1+ years of experience in a physician’s office, clinical or hospital setting
- Knowledge of chronic diseases, especially COPD/asthma, diabetes, CHF and IHD
- Proficient computer skills to work efficiently with electronic medical records
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience related to patient education and/or motivational interviewing skills and self- management goal setting
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign-On Bonus.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.