Nurse Practitioner - Per Diem - Atlanta, GA
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Clinical Services positions in Prospero are part of a community-based interdisciplinary care team of home-based medical care providers to support patients facing serious illness, including their families and care givers. What makes your clinical career greater with Prospero? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You can work with in an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
In this role, you will be part of a physician-led interdisciplinary care team to provide primary, palliative care and urgent care to patients in their homes. This is a flexible, team - based role that creates enormous satisfaction for the Practitioner as you impact the care and quality of life of our aging population. All the while, you'll be building meaningful relationships with the patients, and their families.
- Provide high quality home based primary and palliative care for patients in their homes through telephonic, telemedicine and in-person patient consultations, traveling to patients’ homes to manage their advanced illness
- Lead advance care planning discussions and prognosis with patients
- Partner with physicians and an interdisciplinary team to formulate and update comprehensive care plans that consider the patient’s complex interactions between acute and chronic medical conditions, social, and environmental factors
- Create comprehensive documentation with a focus on clinically relevant information requiring action to improve your patient’s overall health and well-being
- Together with your team, proactively address your patient’s medical and social needs, directly and in collaboration with other primary providers
- Communicate with your patient’s external care team members, at times leading suggestions and changes in the care plan when appropriate to addressing an urgent need
- Co-lead medical discussions at interdisciplinary team meetings in full collaboration with other colleagues from our medical operations team, including nurse care managers, physicians, and subject matter experts
- Perform minor procedures on an as needed basis such as phlebotomy, urinary catheter placement, wound management
- Engage with local community resources to fully support your patients
- Educate patients on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, accountability, and service in your interactions with colleagues
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted NP license in the state of assignment or the ability to obtain or Physician’s Assistant license in the state of assignment
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure / Prescriptive Authority post - hire in states where applicable
- Nurse Practitioner national certification as ANP, FNP, or GNP
- Clinical background in geriatrics, hospice and palliative medicine, chronic disease management or behavioral health preferred (e.g.,past experience working in a nursing home or with seniors in other settings)
- Computer literate; willing and able to learn new software tools
- Familiarity with market community/geography
- Ability to travel between patient’s homes in assigned territory, daily. Limited overnight stays
- In-home clinical care experience
- Goals of care conversation experience
- Highly motivated, flexible, and adaptable to working in a dynamic environment
- Solid interpersonal skills in order to communicate and build positive relationships with stakeholders
- Clear, concise, and persuasive verbal and written communication. Must be able to positively interact with other clinicians, senior management, patients and their families, and all levels of medical and non-medical professionals
- Ability to work and provide high quality patient care in a virtual/telehealth environment
- Highest level of ethics and integrity
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyoneof every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and incomedeserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.